Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[ARCHIVED] The Sims Helpers Corner

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: The Sims Helpers Corner - A place for helpers to talk

★★★★ Guide

I was wondering if I might request that this thread be closed now that it has been solved?

Sims 4. The game failed to load error?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-The-game-failed-to-load-error/m-p/6872413#M1150...

It has such a negative tone to it that I just can't answer the last open post in the thread.

Message 21 of 88 (489 Views)

@kreatora  It's nice to have you around, although you probably won't see me much—I stick to the TS3 and Sims/mac sections.  I don't know if you play, or ever played, TS3, but if you happen to come across a question about the game, feel free to ask me here or in a PM.  The same goes for issues with running TS4 in mac OS, although since I don't play that game, I'm only useful on the technical side of things.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 88 (478 Views)

Hero
Depends a bit on the issue. If they suggestions, there's not that much we can do to answer.

If someone is asking for help and they over a month old, sure why not.

Bug forum is always covered by me and should I not be available by QA and CM. You guys don't have to worry about that.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 88 (458 Views)

★ Pro

@puzzlezaddict
Thank you very much for the offer of help, although of course I played in TS3, I was even an active member, MRaas forum but it was a long time ago and today I would not dare to advise players in TS3 like I did in my forum in the past. I do not remember many solutions because I do not play this game anymore.
Message 24 of 88 (464 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Welcome @kreatora! Standard smile

@AB_928Z  ha escrito:

I was wondering if I might request that this thread be closed now that it has been solved?

Sims 4. The game failed to load error?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-The-game-failed-to-load-error/m-p/6872413#M1150...

It has such a negative tone to it that I just can't answer the last open post in the thread.

Thanks for asking! However, after taking a look to the thread, I don't think it needs to be closed. Simmers participating in there are not happy, but that's not uncommon on the technical issues forum. They have the information needed in the thread, so there's not much you can do to help.

Please, remember helping others should always be something you do because you want to, so if you don't feel like answering someone, just go check next thread. This is meant to be something you enjoy Wink

So... happy helping!

-Mai

Message 25 of 88 (438 Views)

★ Pro
Hi Standard smile
I have a question to helpers. I have a problem reported by the player on Polish EA Help with the installation of Dogs and Cats purchased on Origin. I suspect that this add-on has been installed but maybe not quite because its status on Origin is "installed" but it isn't vbisible in game. Before I start advise him - how to solve this problem, I want him to check Program Files if it is showed there. Unfortunately I don't know the names of individual additions in the EA nomenclature,
Message 26 of 88 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @kreatora,

The folders containing the packs in Program Files > Origin Games > The Sims 4 are named as follows:

• First two letters tell you if it's an Expansion Pack (EP), Game Pack (GP), Stuff Pack (SP) or Free Pack (FP).
  • The following two numbers are release order.

For example, for Expansion packs:

• EP01 - Get to work
  • EP02 - Get together
  • EP03 - City Living
  • EP04 - Cats & Dogs
  • EP05 - Seasons

Game packs would be:

• GP01 - Outdoor retreat
  • GP02 - Spa day
  • GP03 - Dine out
  • GP04 - Vampires
  • GP05 - Parenthood
  • GP06 - Jungle adventure

Hope that helps Wink

-Mai

Message 27 of 88 (385 Views)

Hero

Hi  @kreatora

reminds me of the issue a few users have been posting in english as well. They they cancel the download for any reason and try to re-start ? They might need to uninstall Origin manually and then reinstall. 

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 88 (373 Views)

Champion

We've seen it in the Mac forums as well. The Origin reset tool (if one exists for the Windows version), was able to solve the problem for most of our players. We did have one Windows side player say that they had to turn on Login Verification on their Origin account, log out and log back in and that solved the issue.

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***
Message 29 of 88 (353 Views)

Hero

Just a FYI here too: I will be taking a big break from Oct 5th - Oct 20th cause I need to recharge my batteries.

I will not check AHQ at all during that time. 

You guys don't need to worry about the bug forum. QA/CM will take care of that where needed, otherwise I will do it when I'm back. 

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 88 (322 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help