A couple of different Aspiration errors

by paulawalters2011

Original Post

A couple of different Aspiration errors

★★ Novice

Not all my Aspirations tasks are working. No matter how long I fish, the 'hour' counter will not increase to let my sim unlock that achievement (Angling Ace: fish for a total of 10 hours). I also can't "Mount or bowl 5 fish", not matter how many times I successfully achieve the action. I also can't "write 4 songs" under the creative "Harmonious" Aspiration. I have level 10 guitar and violin, but the "write songs" option no longer appears. I got it once, but never again.

I've also got some other buggy stuff that may or may not be related (my wicker fish-trap thing cannot be "set" and my sim keeps looking naked after I tell her to change out of her Uni sports uniform, but she thinks she is wearing clothes and just keeps changing into more nudes), but the Aspiration stuff is getting frustrated. I have no modded content.

Message 1 of 5 (450 Views)

Re: A couple of different Aspiration errors

★★★★ Novice

I am also missing the ability to write songs. Both my violin and guitar are at level eight where you are supposed to be able to write songs. But the option does not show up.

Message 2 of 5 (395 Views)

★★ Novice

Try a couple of different things: I can't remember how I fixed it, but I either needed to have the guitar/violin IN my inventory to get the option or NOT IN the inventory. See if the placement of your instrument is the problem but switching between these Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

When I clicked the fish tank, there was no option anywhere to add fish to it. So I opened the fish tank and dragged five of my freshly caught inventory fish into the fish tank. Didn't count for the aspiration. Putting them on the wall worked though. As a side effect my sims got the stinky moodlet whenever they walked past the fish tank, as the fish were foul Frown

Message 4 of 5 (269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, sadly the aquariums don't work for "mount or bowl."  What does work, weirdly enough, is to buy a cheap bowl like the "Fit4Fish Crystal Bowl" or whatever it's called (I usually search "fit4fish") and to put the same fish in the bowl and take it back out 5 times. I'd rather keep my exotic fish as pets in an aquarium than mount them, but for the aspiration you need to use the dinky bowls.

As for writing songs, I usually have to click through a whole lot of options and need the instrument to not be in the inventory.  I think they've moved it to a second page?

@paulawalters2011As for the bugged outfits, maybe this recent thread will help? https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Bugged-every-day-outfits-Unable-to-fix/m-p/108...

Message 5 of 5 (265 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help