by DaQueerio

Original Post

Accepted Solution

9 key to raise objects spins camera out of control

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but get to work, all game packs but dine out, moschino, laundry day, fitness, bowling, kids stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on move objects, use the 9 key to lift an object
What happens when the bug occurs? Game camera zooms to a certain point far off in the map, object lifts but camera will not stay in set position
What do you expect to see? The camera stay where I have set it as I raise an object
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Removed my mods folder and reloaded the game

Wouldn’t let me attach a video but this has been happening ever since university came out/the November patch. Unsure which is the problem as I downloaded them at the same time. 

Message 1 of 26 (34,190 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 9 key to raise objects spins camera out of control

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DaQueerio Moving this to tech as it's not a bug (or rather a bug that they fixed in a certain way which isn't self-explanatory)

There should be a bug report on it somewhere but as I can't find it atm and have so much to go through, I'll just move and give you the short version of the fix

As @RoseLudaA said, you saved the camera position on the 9 key, leading to issues. There's an easy way to unset it (which I can't remember right now) or you can just move the Folder VideoCameraStates in your doc folder to the desktop and then it should work again.

EDIT

Update Patch 1.49.

• Camera Positions saved to the “9” key could conflict with using the “9” key to raise an object in the air when the bb.moveobjects cheat is turned on. To resolve this, we’ve introduced the ability to clear out a previously saved camera position.
    • Existing Camera Position functionality:
      • “Ctrl” + “5-9” will set a saved camera position.
      • Once a camera position has been saved…
        • “5-9” keys will smoothly move the camera to that position.
        • “Shift” + “5-9” will immediately snap the camera to that position.
      • New Camera Position functionality:
        • “Alt” + “5-9” will remove a previously saved camera position from the selected number.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 26 (34,151 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I used to experience this on PC. When I hit the 9 key, the camera went really far away. When you're raising an object, have you tried holding the alt key as you do it? I found that when I hold alt while pressing 9, the camera stays in place. I haven't had any problems since then, because I always hold the alt key. Not sure if that would work on mac or not.

Message 2 of 26 (34,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DaQueerio Moving this to tech as it's not a bug (or rather a bug that they fixed in a certain way which isn't self-explanatory)

There should be a bug report on it somewhere but as I can't find it atm and have so much to go through, I'll just move and give you the short version of the fix

As @RoseLudaA said, you saved the camera position on the 9 key, leading to issues. There's an easy way to unset it (which I can't remember right now) or you can just move the Folder VideoCameraStates in your doc folder to the desktop and then it should work again.

EDIT

Update Patch 1.49.

• Camera Positions saved to the “9” key could conflict with using the “9” key to raise an object in the air when the bb.moveobjects cheat is turned on. To resolve this, we’ve introduced the ability to clear out a previously saved camera position.
    • Existing Camera Position functionality:
      • “Ctrl” + “5-9” will set a saved camera position.
      • Once a camera position has been saved…
        • “5-9” keys will smoothly move the camera to that position.
        • “Shift” + “5-9” will immediately snap the camera to that position.
      • New Camera Position functionality:
        • “Alt” + “5-9” will remove a previously saved camera position from the selected number.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 26 (34,152 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you both so much! I will try these. 

Message 4 of 26 (34,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RoseLudaA Thanks for this info, I just used alt + 9 now everything works fine, camera is not snapping to last location anymore.
Message 5 of 26 (28,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hurray!  It's working for me now as well.  Don't know why I suddenly started having problems with ctrl + 9, but very glad to know that alt + 9 works.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 26 (28,627 Views)

The 9 and 0 keys don't work in build mode to move objects up and down.

★★★ Newbie

While in build mode I can't seem to move objects up and down using the 9 and 0 keys. (And I have made sure that I have boughten the object first and clicked on it to grab it.) The 0 works when the objects is already up but the 9 darts my camera far away from my building area and jumps the screen up and down as I hit it. I can't seem to figure out what function my 9 key is set to in the game and why it does this. I did try checking caps and using shift to see it that would change things, but no change. I also have no mods or cc, only game packs. Is there any way to get the 9 to work?

Message 7 of 26 (12,365 Views)

Re: The 9 and 0 keys don't work in build mode to move objects up and down.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there @Lady4Onyx,

Do you have the bb.moveobjects on cheat enabled? This cheat will need to be turned on before you can use 9 and 0 to change the height of an object in Build Mode. 

If turning this cheat on still doesn't resolve the issue for you, you may need to delete the "VideoCameraStates.ini" file from your Sims 4 game folder to reset the camera positions. 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 26 (12,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DaQueerio press alt + 5 + 9 to get rid of the saved camera setting, this worked for me at least. Hope that helps! Standard smile
Message 9 of 26 (20,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xxhannahfxx I love you <3 Had the same problem and it worked for me! thank you so so so SO much!
Message 10 of 26 (20,044 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help