2019 Sims 4 CAS Sims not saving to Library!

by KayamiiOtaku

Original Post

2019 Sims 4 CAS Sims not saving to Library!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? just did a version check it says its up to date. Can't find number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, Pets Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat Stuff: Backyard, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1. Spend Hours making up a Sim family in CAS Step 2. Try to save it to Gallery so you can Add it to your Current "World" Step 3. It tells you it's saved. Even shows you the "form" that should be there in your Library. Step 4. Cry because you just spent all that time, and it's not saved. And now you sit with the new Sims that were supposed to be the new Neighbors, unable to add them to the new world. BECAUSE it didn't save to My Library.
What happens when the bug occurs? CAS Sims are not saving to Library.
What do you expect to see? The CAS Sim saving to Library like they first ones I made did.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know it still occurs because the same Costom stuff is on the OLD families that ARE saved. lol so.... yeah....  Fix this. 

I cannot save my Sims to my Library... its a glitch that just started happening since Dec. 2018

I took a break for a few months, I was just getting into it again, cause I bought a bunch of new stuff...  I Think NOT being able to Save you Sims/Lots is a huge deal. People's hard work is getting trashed cause we can't save.

Sims is a BIG Game for your company... don't you think this issue should be a TOP Priority? 

Message 1 of 25 (21,330 Views)

Re: 2019 Sims 4 CAS Sims not saving to Library!

★★ Pro

I just added a new family into my game last night and not experiencing this at all. Have you tried without mods? As for version number, there's a text file in your Sims 4 folder in Documents that's called GameVersion, and if you open it up it'll tell you the exact version number of your game.

Message 2 of 25 (21,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok but the mods I have worked with the Last Sims I made before now. So why is it suddenly not working? O.O 

Message 3 of 25 (21,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Mods are at risk of breaking with every patch we get, so they need to be checked and the code verified up to date each time you patch your game. We just got a large update in November that changed the Python version for Sims 4, so for sure all script mods made from before November 2018 that haven't been updated are definitely not any good.

Custom content can cause crazy issues too (trust me, I know from learning this hard the way), so you should really test with all mods and custom content removed. Then put things back in small batches until you find whatever is triggering the problem and remove it.

You should also delete your localthumbcache file too whenever you add or remove mods, but I do it at the end of every play session to be on the safe side.

Message 4 of 25 (21,309 Views)

Hero

Hi @KayamiiOtaku

moving this to the tech forum for troubleshooting

Best to try without custom content or mods and see if it works then. If so, you need to find out what's causing the issue

Use the 50/50 method to find out what's bugged. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (21,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had this happen to me!! 

Message 6 of 25 (20,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@bernicenava

You have probably outdated UIC mod
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA

Message 7 of 25 (20,971 Views)

★★★ Novice

If your household is modded, make sure you check "Include Custom Content" under Advanced on the filters on the left side. I kept thinking mine were not saving, but I just had them filtered out by leaving the checkbox unmarked. 

Message 8 of 25 (20,793 Views)

★★ Novice
I am having the same issue. I have NO CC or mods in my game. Does anyone have another solution?
Message 9 of 25 (20,705 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@R3DDR0S3

If you don't have mods or CC anyway after turning the game on after
the last update some files in the game folder may be damaged.
Try doing a factory reset of the game folder as is described here
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

Message 10 of 25 (20,696 Views)