Re: 20 fps on high end PC, help?

by Dregnos

Original Post

Hero

Hi @Dregnos 

that looks pretty clean now - now errors at all (which can be a bit suspicious :D)

You did also repair the game through Origin, right ? Maybe try that one more time.

If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of your graphics drivers as described here: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

If that still doesn't help, could you post the config.log file found in your doc folder.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I have tried both, no dice. Still low fps. Attached is the config file.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 12 of 19 (730 Views)

Hero
Could you re-roll to earlier graphics drivers ?

Let me know if you need instructions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

seems very optimised, disconnect your internet adaptor it worked for me however will not work when connected to the internet. very strange.  

Message 14 of 19 (700 Views)

Hero

HI @Fizzyvimto21 

there's a thread for that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/sims-4-incredibly-low-fps/m-p/7758872 that's monitored by the gurus.

Could you provide your info there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Tried rolling back graphics driver, didn't work. I'll give the no internet adapter a go, I only tried it by removing the cabling before.

Message 16 of 19 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hate to bring this back up, but still having the problem and EA support is just suggesting baseline stuff that I've already done, as well as not even reading my thread post to see what has been done. Any ideas at all? Still having the same issue.

Message 17 of 19 (604 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have just tried the adapter turn off again, and my fps was fixed. Adding this here to close this and posting in the bigger thread now.

Message 18 of 19 (1,755 Views)

Hero
I'm going to lock this then.

For anyone that has this issue, please post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/sims-4-incredibly-low-fps/td-p/7605094/jump-to/first-u...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (568 Views)