Re: 20 fps on high end PC, help?

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

20 fps on high end PC, help?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Having terrible issues with framerate. My Laptop is getting 170 fps (I have a ASUS ROG Strix Hero II), and my desktop, custom built, is getting 20.

My desktop is running:

i7-8700k

1080ti STRIX

32g 3200mhz ram

Win 10

Installed on SSD

Had no issues the last time I played, only to find 20 fps when I booted it up this time.

I've tried changing my graphics card in nvidia settings so its loading the 1080ti, clearing out caches, offline version, no Origin overlay, no internet, no firewalls, lower settings, fresh installs of both Origin and the game (plus all expansions/content), and I have no custom content or mods installed. 

DxDiag is attached. I heard about the Freelancers patch and decided I'd buy the missing expansion through the bundle, installed that and patch, then noticed I could barely do anything as it would fluctuate between 10-20 fps even just in the menu and character creation.

This isn't a hardware problem from what I can tell. Warframe is running 350+ fps, WoW runs 100+, I have no issues with any other game, only Sims 4.

Obviously, I could solve the entire thing by just playing on my laptop, but I'd prefer to play it on my PC if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 19 (1,528 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

I have just tried the adapter turn off again, and my fps was fixed. Adding this here to close this and posting in the bigger thread now.

View in thread

Message 18 of 19 (1,756 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @Dregnos 

Have you tried a clean boot ? Maybe some background program (Discord ?) is interfering in the back.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (1,487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

I did do one, and just did another for the sake of it, still nothing. Sitting steady at 20-21 fps in menus and character creation, and 17-21 in game (on different maps as well).

Message 3 of 19 (1,448 Views)

Hero
How many screens are you using ? Could you test how it goes if you just connect one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (1,436 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm running almost the same stats. home build PC. same card e,g

not having any issue. maybe compare DxDiag.txt might help?? 

Message 5 of 19 (1,397 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm on a trip at the moment due to a death in the family but as soon as possible I will try with 1 screen (I have 3, 2560x1440 27" from Asus) and post back here.

Message 6 of 19 (1,383 Views)

Hero
I'm sorry to hear that.

I'll be here when you get back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (1,373 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Just got home, and tried unplugging the other monitors, no dice on the fps change. I even restarted with them disconnected. Still 20.

Message 8 of 19 (1,343 Views)

Hero

And they're low on every game mode ?

Is that webcam an external ? If so, can you try unplugging that ? It has drivers from like 2012 so who knows what's that doing.

You also have some messages for Origin itself but it's hard to tell if they're from before or after you reinstalled Origin.

Could you maybe run your dxdiag again to see if anything changed after all the troubleshooting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (1,332 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict So, I unplugged the camera, and yes it was external, and still low fps, 17-20. I've tried on all settings, from Low, to High, I've tried laptop mode and no laptop mode, I've tried every setting available. I've installed and uninstalled Origin a couple times, as it was recommended for a clean install. I've CCleaned and cleaned the cache for Origin as well. Attached is the new DxDiag.

Message 10 of 19 (1,315 Views)