135dec40:3fbbecdo:000000:6400000000 initialization error at start up

by lovelygamegirl14

Original Post

135dec40:3fbbecdo:000000:6400000000 initialization error at start up

★ Novice

after the Nov 2020 update, i haven't been able to play the game because it say initialization error start up. ive tried running it as administrator, in compatibility mode, uninstalled the sims 4 and reinstalled it, uninstalled both the sims 4 and origin, turned off virus protection (i read that worked for some people), and contacted support three times. Nothing has helped. Can someone help me?  my dxdiag is linked.

Message 1 of 2 (274 Views)

Re: 135dec40:3fbbecdo:000000:6400000000 initialization error at start up

@lovelygamegirl14  Please also make sure that Windows Defender's Controlled Folder access either is disabled or has exceptions for Origin.exe, TS4_x64.exe, and TS4.exe (just to be thorough).

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

It may also help to disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If these steps don't make a difference, try playing while your computer is completely offline.  You can login to Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before launching the game.

If that doesn't help either, please look for relevant entries in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4 from after you started troubleshooting, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a text document.  (Notepad is fine.)  You can attach the file to a post as you did with your dxdiag.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (255 Views)