Original Post

134:368f1773:7e0e7a79

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? every time
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Island Living, Get Famous, University, Dine Out, Vampires, and parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put sim in university and try to open the save game
What happens when the bug occurs? it takes me back to the screen where you can see the worlds and tells me it failed to launch and to relaunch the game
What do you expect to see? To be able to play my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent Update in June.

Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)

Re: 134:368f1773:7e0e7a79

@SilverKip_SK  This error was solved in an emergency patch a week after the initial patch.  You've listed your patch level as 1.63.33, but the current patch is 1.63.36.  So please update your game and see whether the error disappears.  If you can't update, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair the game: open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then run the update.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (284 Views)

★ Novice

I did all that and my game is still giving me the error and it's up to date on 1.63.136.1010 but when I go to play my university sims it still gives me an error
si.png

Message 3 of 4 (249 Views)

@SilverKip_SK  Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just try to start a new save and see whether it works.  If it doesn't, stop here and let me know.

Otherwise, please copy your save (copy and paste, don't drag and drop) from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one.  (Saves go in the saves folder, unsurprisingly.)  Don't add anything else though: no mods or cc, no other saves.  The missing objects warning, if you see one, doesn't matter—this is just a test, and the original copy of your save will be intact and unaffected in your old Sims 4 folder.

If you still get the error, please use the manual method of restoring a backup here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

and copy a backup of this save into the new Sims 4 folder.  Let me know if none of the backups work either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (226 Views)