Re: In the Sims 4 game, some of the names disapper

by burin077

Original Post

Most CC now reads "debug" in build mode

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most expansions, several game and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure this is 2st time experiencing this
What happens when the bug occurs? most of the names of CC items changed to the word "debug" in build mode
What do you expect to see? The names of the items: not "debug"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure what happened.  I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, but problem still persists.  Most of my CC in my mods folder now has the word "debug" associated with it, a few shows their correct name.  I was thinking this was a sync issue with onedrive, but not sure anymore as it had all night to sync. Have used mods and CC since the start, but have never experienced this issue before.  Hoping there is a simple fix

Message 11 of 22 (565 Views)

Re: Most CC now reads "debug" in build mode

Hero

I merged a few issues on the same issue now.

Please refer to this for more information: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFORMATION-Missing-Strings-for-custom-Texts-after-Pat...

@Nuke615  @cloudandaerith  @icyctrl  @Nightwolf1977 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 22 (552 Views)

Re: Most CC now reads "debug" in build mode

★★★ Guide

Thanks...I was about to do a system restore haha.  I didn't even notice this occurred after the latest patch.   Glad the devs are working on it.

Message 13 of 22 (546 Views)

In the Sims 4 game, some of the names disapper

★★★ Newbie

After I went cc shopping some of the titles and names are gone. I can't play if some of the titles/names are gone. 

Message 14 of 22 (536 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

This is a known issue; a statement has been made here about it regarding CC.

- B

Message 15 of 22 (521 Views)

Hero

@Lilalex2232 

I merged your post with thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 22 (506 Views)

Something wrong w/ my game

★★★ Novice

gfdfgh.JPGA couple of days ago, my game started to look like this when I clicked on a sim I was playing. When I click on an option it's blank. There's nothing there. I updated most of my mods and nothings working. Please help.

Message 17 of 22 (495 Views)

Re: Something wrong w/ my game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

This appears to be related to mods you have installed; you will want to reach out to the modders who designed these for a more recent update, or for steps to update the mods appropriately.

An informational topic has been made on this as well regarding custom strings in Mods (Namely for displaying text and the like in mods) which came as a result of the latest Sims 4 Update, you can read it here.

For MC Command Center, deaderpool (the Mod's developer) mentioned there were two files that had to be updated in update 6.2.0; you can read more about it on his Patreon for MC Command Center. (It's not behind the usual Patreon Paywall, you can see it regardless of Patreon status.)

- B

Message 18 of 22 (489 Views)

mod names/moodlets of mods have no words but still work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have many Mods in my Sims 4. With this recent update my mods are still there but when i try to use my <adult mod> , hoe it up, mods they come up but all i see is a "..." and when i click on that it only pops up the picture and no words so i have no idea what to click on. then when stuff happens that have to do with my sims mood and the mods it comes up "angry +3" as an example. but no words as to why their mood is like that. i have no idea what happened but its making it very hard to play. the mods are working but no words will pop up that has to do with the mods it makes it really hard to tell whats going on.i tried to look up the issues online. nothing. redownlaoded all mods. nothing help?

Message 19 of 22 (472 Views)

... Mod Action Bubbles

★ Novice

Since the newest patch, none of my mods have had any names. I tried updating them but theyre as updated as they can be. I ran ModConflictDetector and it didn't show any problems. The mods themself work, but I have no idea what I'm doing as all that shows up is ... . I tried reinstalling the game and changing to another language, but all the same thing. Please help!!!

Message 20 of 22 (471 Views)