Re: 1.51 update ruins some of my mods, anyone know where to find updated version

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

1.51 update ruins some of my mods, anyone know where to find updated versions?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just got the recent 1.51 update on my sims 4 game and now a bunch of them don't work (broken) I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find proper working ones. 

Extreme violence 1.7 and hoe it up 0.2A don't work and none of the supernatural mods are working (Werewolf, zombie, etc.) 

I've done everything to get them to work but they still never do since the update T-T. 

They show theyre there but it shows no letters on the option, all i'm seeing is ... or nothing at all and it's really infuriating because my other mods are working pretty well with it... So if anyone knows where I can get the proper updated mods, that would be appreciated.

Also don't mention sacrificial's website because right now, it has not been properly updated as of yet (I'm sure they will but they haven't yet >-<) 

Message 9 of 22 (1,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ... Mod Action Bubbles

[ Edited ]
Hero

There just has been another patch to address this.

Please update your game again.

@cloudandaerith  @haileeme  @peachykenz19  @DiaRosie @Nuke615 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 22 (1,079 Views)

All Replies

Just Wondering

★★★★ Novice

I know it has been stated a fix for broken cc names and descriptions after yesterdays patch is coming "in the near future". I'm just wondering how soon that "near future" will be? Not to rush anyone but "near future" is too broad of a term which could mean days, weeks or a couple of months. Some kind of ETA would at least give us an idea how long we have to deal with the issue and maybe cut down on any questions and such about it. Thank you

Message 1 of 22 (1,098 Views)

Re: Just Wondering

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

A few CCs have already been addressed by the modders who authored them, however for cosmetic CCs and the like that usually are "one and done" projects, those may never be addressed unless the modder decides to update them.

I've noticed most cosmetic mods haven't been affected "too" badly as far as functionality goes, however display is a different factor altogether. 

Note: I'm not an EA/Maxis rep. 

Kind Regards, 

- B

Message 2 of 22 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm talking like one and done content like custom counters and such. While functionality still works having things like that all having debug as the name is annoying to say the least
Message 3 of 22 (1,081 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Most Custom Content unfortunately is up to the discretion of the modder who made the object; I am not sure if EA/Maxis intends to do anything about how descriptions or the like are displayed.

According to some modders who have already adjusted their work, it has something to do with an update to the script translation process ignoring strings. (Source: deaderpool - MCCC)

- B

Message 4 of 22 (1,074 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately, besides the statement on the forums (linking for anyone not aware of it: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958413/custom-text-affected-by-the-4-16-update/ ) there's not other information. EA/Maxis rarely gives an ETA on fixes in case something doesn't go as planned.

Guess all you can do is wait Frown

As @burin077  says, some stuff has already been updated despite the announcement of EA and maybe more will come before it gets fixed again by EA/Maxis.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 22 (1,056 Views)

Blank Text Bubbles (After April 2019 Update)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My text bubbles in ts4 are blank (only for mods that I've downloaded)... I don't know what to do... They've never done this before. For example, when I click my sim to use one of my mods, all of the options are blank and only the image of the option is available. Also notifications from these mods are blank as well. :C Help please >.< 

Message 6 of 22 (1,053 Views)

Hero

So, the rare case has happened and  Graham made another statement about this on twitter yesterday

They are targeting a fix for Friday

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/1118671402100375552

@Nightwolf1977 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (1,027 Views)

Re: BLANK TEXT BUBBLES (AFTER APRIL 2019 UPDATE)

Hero

Hi @icyctrl 

there's a known issue with this since the latest patch. 

EA is planning on addressing Friday (plans might change) as Graham tweeted yesterday: https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/1118671402100375552

Meanwhile many mods have been updated to fix the issue as well.

All you can do is either wait or check for updates

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (1,039 Views)

Re: 1.51 update ruins some of my mods, anyone know where to find updated version

Hero
The issue with the missing strings is being address by EA soonish (estimated date is tomorrow) so there should be another patch to fix that issue.

Other than that, you need to go to the mod creators websites and download updated mods there (it's possible that some modders are holding out with updating their mods until EA releases the fix for it).

You can find the official statement here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958413/custom-text-affected-by-the-4-16-update/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (1,022 Views)