Re: world adventures stuck on loading screen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

world adventures stuck on loading screen

★★★ Novice

I have the sims 3 on my mac and the full game seems to work fine apart from world adventures. when choosing a destination and the sim leaving to go the game then just gets stuck on the load screen but doesn’t freeze as i am able to earn lifetime happiness points. is there a fix for this?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2 (1,576 Views)

Re: world adventures stuck on loading screen

@millieee44  If you're willing to use mods, then yes, there's a fix of sorts, one that helps most of the time but not always.  Specifically, install NRaas ERrorTrap, Overwatch, Traveler, and Register; you can find more information about them here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/98388...

If you don't want to use mods, the only thing I can suggest is reducing the stress on the game engine as much as possible, which you may need to do even with the above mods in place.  (Every little bit counts.)  Here's how:

• Empty your sims' inventories out as much as possible.  A few items is fine; a few hundred is not.
  • Immediately before you want your sims to travel, use "save as" and rename the save, so your original remains intact as a backup should you need it later.
  • Exit to the Main Menu and turn all the graphics settings to the minimum.  Disable memories, the interactive loading screens, the in-game shopping experience, and memories.
  • Quit and delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user folder: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.
  • Open Origin and put it in offline mode before pressing Play.
  • Reload the save and send your sims traveling right away.  If they arrive intact, use "save as" to rename the save yet again.
  • If you'd like, exit to the Main Menu and turn up your graphics options; either way, quit to desktop and delete the cache files again.

Now you can reload the save and continue playing as normal.  You may need to repeat the process on the way back, and there's no guarantee that it will work in either direction, so be sure to keep the backup save from before your sims traveled at all in case they can't get home.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,563 Views)