will the sims 4 run on my computer? and if so will it run smoothly?

by ChiefBloodFoX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

will the sims 4 run on my computer? and if so will it run smoothly?

★★★ Newbie

I feel like all my minimum specs are met but I just want to be reassured or explained why not if they don't.

Message 1 of 2 (346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: will the sims 4 run on my computer? and if so will it run smoothly?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ChiefBloodFoX

I think your Mac meets minimum reqs yes. Smoothly? Well, it does not meet recommended specs, so no, not really. You should play it on low settings with longer loading screens, but it will run.

Recommended:

• Minimum OS – Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9 or later)
  • CPU – Intel Core i5 or better
  • RAM – 8Gb RAM
  • Video – NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

Why would your game not run as smoothly? Well, you're low on all the above. Too old OS, too weak CPU, too little RAM, and not enough memory on your video card.

REMARK:

Your post was made in The Sims PC though, it will be moved to the Mac forum as soon as a moderator comes by, and hopefully someone with more Mac-insight ( @Bluebellflora?) can reassure you and explain even more. I mainly help PC players, but some of these are quite general over the two platforms, so I make a short answer anyway Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (422 Views)

All Replies

Re: will the sims 4 run on my computer? and if so will it run smoothly?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ChiefBloodFoX

I think your Mac meets minimum reqs yes. Smoothly? Well, it does not meet recommended specs, so no, not really. You should play it on low settings with longer loading screens, but it will run.

Recommended:

• Minimum OS – Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9 or later)
  • CPU – Intel Core i5 or better
  • RAM – 8Gb RAM
  • Video – NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

Why would your game not run as smoothly? Well, you're low on all the above. Too old OS, too weak CPU, too little RAM, and not enough memory on your video card.

REMARK:

Your post was made in The Sims PC though, it will be moved to the Mac forum as soon as a moderator comes by, and hopefully someone with more Mac-insight ( @Bluebellflora?) can reassure you and explain even more. I mainly help PC players, but some of these are quite general over the two platforms, so I make a short answer anyway Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (423 Views)