by deevineee

Original Post

why isn't my cc poppin up on Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. None of my cc is loading onto the game iv even zipped tjem all its getting really annoying
How is this making it more difficult? the game is accesible but i want to use the custom content
How can we reproduce this experience? MAKE BETTER CLOTHES AND BETTER HAIR THAT RESEMBLES REAL LIKE PEOPLE LIK MORE CURLY LOOKING HAIR AND NOT HAIR THAT LOOKS LIKE KNOTS OR SOMETHING

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE GRAPHICS

Message 1 of 6 (591 Views)

Betreff: why isn't my cc poppin up on Sims 4

@deevineee

I moved your thread to the Sims Mac board.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (575 Views)

Re: why isn't my cc poppin up on Sims 4

@deevineee  Your custom content files need to be unzipped and placed in your mods folder for them to work; you also need to check the box in game options to allow script mods.  Here's a guide with a couple of screenshots, in case it helps:

https://bluebellflora.com/itsaprilxds-how-to-install-mods-on-a-mac-guide-the-sim-4/

If your cc still doesn't show up in-game, it might be worth rebuilding your TS4 game folder, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with your existing one.  If you pull it out of Documents and onto your desktop, a clean folder will spawn the next time you launch the game.  Place just one package file in this new folder and then load a new save to see if the cc appears.  If it does, you can add a few more files, check whether they work, add another batch, etc.  Keep in mind that some custom content may be incompatible with the latest patch and may prevent all of your cc from showing up in-game.  In this case, you'll need to either download the latest version of the file or not use that item at all.

Also, just so you know, the TS4 developers never come around here.  Responders are mostly your fellow players, with the occasional EA community manager thrown in.  So if you want to provide feedback on your game experience, you'll have better luck using other channels.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@deevineee The graphic style of Sims 4 does not really lend itself to making the Sims themselves look "realistic". Curly hair is difficult to do properly even in the best of games due to the high pixel count necessary. 

However to piggyback on what @puzzlezaddict said, the way to properly tell if your CC is unzipped the file will end in the ".package" extension. If you see anything other than ".package", either it is a folder which contains the CC which will have to be opened and the files removed from it or you need to make sure that the program you are using to unzip the files can read the format the file was saved in. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 6 (536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

iv unzipped it and it still doesnt pop up

Message 5 of 6 (514 Views)

@deevineee  Please confirm that your mods setup looks like the screenshots in this post:

https://bluebellflora.com/itsaprilxds-how-to-install-mods-on-a-mac-guide-the-sim-4/

If your cc still isn't showing up in-game, I'll repeat the advice I offered before:

"...it might be worth rebuilding your TS4 game folder, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with your existing one.  If you pull it out of Documents and onto your desktop, a clean folder will spawn the next time you launch the game.  Place just one package file in this new folder and then load a new save to see if the cc appears.  If it does, you can add a few more files, check whether they work, add another batch, etc.  Keep in mind that some custom content may be incompatible with the latest patch and may prevent all of your cc from showing up in-game.  In this case, you'll need to either download the latest version of the file or not use that item at all."

This way, you can be confident your new game folder is free from corruption.  You can also test the cc you want to make sure that those files aren't the problem.  Even one outdated cc item can prevent the whole folder from working.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (501 Views)