why is my game freezing i cant shut down my computer

by jennawebb34

Original Post

why is my game freezing i cant shut down my computer

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? im not sure how to find that out
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have holiday celebration pack and cats and dogs expanision
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i had my sim take a picture of my other sim and had time sped up on 2 and then it froze no buttons worked
What happens when the bug occurs? everything stops i cant press any buttons from the game and i cant shut down my computer
What do you expect to see? i try to take a picture of my sim, The camera comes up and i get the picture and for the game to not crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this is the first time this has happened and it is stupid i always take pictures of sims and now it freezes.it wont let me do anything with the game at all

Message 1 of 4 (405 Views)

Re: why is my game freezing i cant shut down my computer

★★ Guide

Looks like this is an old problem that crops up now and then, & is most likely to happen when the sim takes multiple pictures at once.  I didn't read all the pages of the thread, only noted that on the linked page, people were having fewer problems when they only took one photo at a time.  We shouldn't have to do that, though--just providing the link so you'll know others have had this issue in the past; you're not alone.

Message 2 of 4 (394 Views)

Hero

@jennawebb34 

moving your post to the mac forum for troubleshooting.

Someone here will assist you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (363 Views)

@jennawebb34 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Have you tried repairing your game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (330 Views)