why do the graphics of lily pads look like they're not part of their environment

by serene_aurora23

Original Post

why do the graphics of lily pads look like they're not part of their environment

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour, Backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check wherever lily pads can be found.
What happens when the bug occurs? The graphics of the lily pads look funky.
What do you expect to see? The graphics should look smoother like they used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Are the graphics intentional? If they are then I just shared my opinion of how they look. In the second picture some of the lily pads are not affected so the graphics should look like the unaffected ones. The second picture is taken at the Von Haunt Estate. And this effect doesn't take place in one specific body of water.

Message 1 of 12 (617 Views)

Re: why do the graphics of lily pads look like they're not part of their environ

Hero
@serene_aurora23 Bit unsure what you mean, especially since your first picture is very dark.

Could you maybe encircle a bit what you mean and make the first picture lighter ?

What settings are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (584 Views)

Re: why do the graphics of lily pads look like they're not part of their environ

★★ Novice

Okay I did those things. The black arrows in the second picture point to the normal-looking lily pads. Notice that the funky lily pads have black outlines.

Message 3 of 12 (581 Views)

★★ Novice

Another thing to notice, the flowers of the funky lily pads are much lighter in color.

Message 4 of 12 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@serene_aurora23 What are your graphics settings ?

Here's a screenshot from my game

Bild_2022-12-04_125047368.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (559 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict These are my graphic settings. And the second picture shows what I prefer the lily pads to look like. They look fine when they're in a pool at a lot and they should look like that even without mods installed. The ones in bodies of water outside of lots are the ones that look strange.

Message 6 of 12 (529 Views)

Hero
@serene_aurora23 That matches my settings. What's your graphics card ? Are you drivers updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (506 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict I don’t know about these technicalities😅

Message 8 of 12 (493 Views)

Hero
@serene_aurora23 Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict I have a 16-inch MacBook Pro and I couldn't figure out where the graphics card is

Message 10 of 12 (448 Views)