Re: unlit objects

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

unlit objects

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm playing on a Macbook pro and have noticed on a few occasions that the lights won't illuminate objects at night time, all items appear really dark despite having loads of lights around them. On the first occasion, the room was incomplete due to a missing wall and completing the room solved the issue, however this time all items on a fenced porch area aren't being lit up at all. I don't know if it's because the items arent listed in outdoor furniture but I don't see how that could be an issue. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 8 (741 Views)

@georgia2314

Could you upload the lot to the gallery so I can download and test? Also, please post a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi thank you. The lot currently includes custom content so bare that in mind when searching for it. I've attached a screenshot of my graphics settings and the build-in question.

Message 3 of 8 (718 Views)

@georgia2314 

Your Lighting setting is on low, change it to High, that should help. This is what it looks like in my game:

Screenshot 2021-06-20 at 21.33.33.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've put it onto very high and unfortunately, it's not worked. Could it be anything else? This is what it looks like in my game

Message 5 of 8 (708 Views)

@georgia2314

Yours looks like mine and as I would expect it to look. Where do you think it is unlit?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The outdoor seating, side table and items on it are all dark. as well as the front door, compared to say the floor and walls which are lit fine. this only seems to happen at night. As you can see in the morning screenshot all the items are lit the same

Message 7 of 8 (687 Views)

@georgia2314

Still looks normal to me. The shot at 7:07am maybe after the lights auto turn off at dawn?

The lighting for lights is set differently, not all lights cast the same amount of light. Some have a very focused pool of light, others are super bright and fill a room. Have you played around with the light settings in Live mode?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (652 Views)