there is no mods file in my sims 4 mac download, what can I do

by oriharaI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

there is no mods file in my sims 4 mac download, what can I do

★★★ Newbie

I made a mods file myself, and downloaded the Resource.cfg, but it still does not work.but the mod still not working.

Message 1 of 17 (3,795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: there is no mods file in my sims 4 mac download, what can I do

@oriharaI,

Please check that mods and custom content are enabled in game settings. You can find this in Settings > Other

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 5 of 17 (3,880 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

It is not a file but a folder. If you try the Mac forum I'm sure someone there can help.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 17 (3,781 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @oriharaI,

This post has been moved to The Sims Mac board.

Where did yo download the Resource.cfg file? Did you put it on the Mods folder?

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 3 of 17 (3,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded online, and there are tutorials to tell people how to setup the folder. I put the resource.cfg under my mods folder.

Message 4 of 17 (3,760 Views)

@oriharaI,

Please check that mods and custom content are enabled in game settings. You can find this in Settings > Other

Message 5 of 17 (3,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I can just paste my mods into the same file as the resource.cfg is in??? basically the *res* folder is where my resource.cfg file is, i can just put the mods into the *res* file then? I have tried everything and for the life of me cant get electronic arts so i wonder if this works??

Message 6 of 17 (3,344 Views)

@Revin_Duh

No. Your CC/Mods go in ⁨Documents⁩ > ⁨Electronic Arts⁩ > ⁨The Sims 4⁩ > Mods. Your resource.cfg file should also be in there, ignore the res folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 17 (3,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have looked up so many ways to get the file on my mac for electronic arts and can't, i have tried looking it up, following tutorials, restarting my game, how ???

Message 8 of 17 (3,333 Views)

@Revin_Duh

What is inside the Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder? Where is the Sims 4 folder located? Have you launched your game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 17 (3,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes i hvae launched it a couple times and made a few characters and played around for a bit, made a few households.Thats my problem though, i vant find anywhere a electronic arts folder, all i have is the contents folder when i right click on the app and ask it to expand in folder form 

Message 10 of 17 (3,321 Views)