the sims 3 and mac book pro

by icemanlb

Original Post

the sims 3 and mac book pro

★★★ Newbie
i have a mac book pro 15 inch late 2011 OS X El Capitan with 2.2 ghz intel core i7, 4gb 1333MHz DDR3 and intel HD graphics 3000 384MB. Every time i want to play The Sims 3 the fan starts to run heavily and the lower part of my laptop becomes really hot. the game by itself is slow and not all graphics are shown immediately. what shall i do?? do i have to upgrade my RAMs?? or its a VGA problem??
Message 1 of 2 (132 Views)

Re: the sims 3 and mac book pro

@icemanlb

Your MacBook Pro also has a dedicated AMD graphics card so it can handle the game. However, Sims 3 is very resource heavy because it utilises Cider to make it run in OS X. It is the Windows version 'wrapped' for OS X but actually the game thinks it is running in Windows. 

Your Mac will get hot so make sure you allow air to circulate underneath it. DON'T play it on a nice soft surface like a cushion or bed! You could get some kind of cooling pad or simply slip a couple of DVD cases underneath your Mac at the edges. The heat will dissipate through the bottom of the aluminium casing, it's what it is designed to do Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (115 Views)