the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Marg_Sosa

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★ Guide

I really hope I get to see the new version on my Origin account soon!
My friend already sees it in her game library and is constantly updating me on which EPs/SPs are being added, while I still only see the old version on my account.

No idea why, only difference between her and my game is that she bought the game directly through Origin while I bought the disc versions and added them to my thesims3.com/Origin account. I have read the posts from some of the more reliable/informed members here, that the game is still rolling out in batches, but there remains a tiny bit of "fear" that I might have somehow missed out on getting the update. Wouldn‘t be the first time that happens to me... Embarrassed

Also I’d like to just take a moment and thank @MaxisJoe and the entire team who worked on this update! Having to work on an update for a beloved game like Sims 3 while also dealing with our current global situation, and the entitlement of some of the users here, probably wasn‘t an easy task, but for someone like me, who absolutely loved Sims 3 since he‘s been a teen and has waited 11 years for a native macOS version to be released, you guys are my heroes! Seriously I know EA get‘s a lot of... „comments“ about it‘s business practices but to publish a free update for a game that came out 11 years ago, and never was properly ported to the Mac, is just beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Heart

Message 661 of 4,043 (2,128 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi

probably a stupid question but I’ll put it out there anyways. What about store content and more specifically store worlds? I’m guessing they’re pretty much like CC but maybe I’m wrong. 

very happy that all this effort is being put into our beloved sims game. Thank you. 

Message 662 of 4,043 (1,801 Views)

@ranhoze1 Yes we’ll be able to use them!
Message 663 of 4,043 (3,119 Views)

How get sims 3 64 bit?

★ Novice

How get sims 4 64 bit in library? I have macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and I still don't have this in origin 

Message 664 of 4,043 (1,242 Views)

Re: How get sims 3 64 bit?

@PAULI12310  If you own the normal version of Sims 3 in Origin, the new version will appear in your Origin library soon enough.  It's still being rolled out to players, but since the 64-bit version isn't downloadable yet, there's no rush.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 665 of 4,043 (1,231 Views)

Sims 3: 64-bit version does NOT offer download button

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me as to why I can't download the "New" Sims 3 version in Origin, please?

The game is popping up in my Origin app, but there is no option to download or install the game.

I'm running Catalina on a new MacBook Air (after my old laptop died), and haven't been able to play Sims 3 on this computer prior to now due to, I believe, the 32-bit/64-bit issue. I kept seeing "Error: 327682:0" everytime I tried to install Sims 3 prior to now on this machine.

Many thanks,

Sasha

Message 666 of 4,043 (1,249 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This might be a bad time to ask but any chance we can get Create-A-World tool for Mac while this overhaul is happening?

Message 667 of 4,043 (2,898 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The sims 64-bit isn't showing up in my Origin library, has anyone else not had it showing up yet, i've not played the sims 3 since 2013, I got a new Macbook a few months ago and am super excited at the prospect of playing it agin and cant wait to get some of the expansion packs that were not even released when I last played. 

Message 668 of 4,043 (2,819 Views)

Re: Sims 3: 64-bit version does NOT offer download button

@madsimmer91  You can't download the 64-bit Sims 4 because it hasn't been released yet, despite its presence in most of our Origin libraries.  Please see this post for more information.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9636676#M8522

You're correct that the reason the older version of Sims 3 doesn't work is because it's a 32-bit app.  The error you're seeing is what almost everyone sees when trying to install Sims 3 in Catalina.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 669 of 4,043 (1,229 Views)

★★ Novice

Woo I love this idea. But I guess it's too much to ask I mean the tool is still in beta on Windows.

Message 670 of 4,043 (2,589 Views)