the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Marg_Sosa

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★★★ Novice

I'm considering enrolling my device in Boot Camp because I have Catalina as my OS. I'm happy to hear that it was easy, but how would I go about doing it?

Message 411 of 4,043 (3,970 Views)

@BrittanyOConnor

Boot Camp is not a program you need to enrol in. In your Applications > Utilities folder you should have Boot Camp Assistant. You will need a copy of Windows, further help is here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/boot-camp

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 412 of 4,043 (3,958 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Since the topic of boot camp was brought up, if I have the latest 16" MacBook Pro, would I still be able to successfully play the sims 3 through boot camp? It has only had Catalina. If it does work, can I move my save files from my old windows laptop to my Mac?

Message 413 of 4,043 (2,373 Views)

@NeonGreenCow  Yes, you should be able to play in Windows through Bootcamp, and yes, your old saves should still work.  So should all of your other user content with the possible exception of store items, which may need to be reinstalled.  That would still be free though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 414 of 4,043 (2,366 Views)

Re: Is there an update on the Sims 3 being playable on Catalina for Mac?

★★★ Guide
@MaxisJoe May we please have your monthly update? (:
Message 415 of 4,043 (2,107 Views)

★ Guide

If I did use Bootcamp to play the Sims 3, what would happen when the update comes out and what should I do?

Message 416 of 4,043 (2,075 Views)

@addalily  Nothing would happen to the Windows side of the partition when the new Mac version came out, whether you installed it or not.  What I would do in your situation is install the game in macOS, play the same save in both installs, and see which one ran the game better.  Then you could keep that one and get rid of the other.  But you might find that even though the game still runs better in Windows (I don't know that it will, just that it might), the Mac version is good enough to make it not worth the effort to boot into Windows when you want to play.

There's no harm in experimenting a bit, regardless of what you eventually decide to do.

Message 417 of 4,043 (1,989 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any news on this? I LOVE TS3 but unfortunately haven't been able to play in who knows how long because of this issue...

Message 418 of 4,043 (1,797 Views)

@simmergirl27  The new version isn't out yet, but there have been updates in this thread.  Here are the last two:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9257271#M7664

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9257271#M7664

Message 419 of 4,043 (6,413 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It’s been months now, two months since last update, and Big Sur is around the corner.

Personally I must say goodbye to Sims 3 with a heavy heart, can’t stay on a 2-year-old version of macOS (and all my other devices which I haven’t updated either) forever and I don’t have disk storage to spare for a partition...

Message 420 of 4,043 (6,148 Views)