Original Post

Re: Sims 3 and Origin

★★★★★ Guide
@jbd00 Done and done. Standard smile
Message 391 of 4,043 (3,384 Views)

Re: Sims 3 and Origin

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

I really appreciate you all sharing the latest info with each other and keeping your fellow Simmers up to date - thank you for that! 

But I'd also like to remind you all to be kind to each other in this space and keep things like trolling/baiting/flaming out of our conversations.

Just remember that, ultimately, we are all in the same position, i.e. eagerly waiting for news the 64-bit and Metal version of The Sims 3, and just want to play our favourite game.

So let's focus on the good vibes while we are all patiently waiting and on sharing the good stuff! Standard smile 

Thank you all! Heart

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 392 of 4,043 (3,021 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★ Novice

Does anyone know if the new 64 bit version will be able to be played on Macs with Intel Iris graphics?

Message 393 of 4,043 (2,885 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@goldenkeys1521 I hope so. Otherwise I waited for nothing :')
Message 394 of 4,043 (2,898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Seem all the thread (I lie, only pages 1-10 and 38) as still no solution for Catalina, and even EA staff say as a workaround use bootcamp and Windows 10

The Sims 3 and all packs (Windows version) are free for owners of The Sims 3 and packs (Mac version)?

Message 395 of 4,043 (2,385 Views)

[ Edited ]

@leo3487  The Windows and Mac versions of the game count as one edition in terms of ownership: you buy one copy and have the right to install in both operating systems.  So if the game is in your Origin library, you can download it for free into either OS; Origin will automatically install the correct version.

The new Mac version, when it eventually gets released, will also be available for free to anyone who already owns the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 396 of 4,043 (2,367 Views)

Re: Is there an update on the Sims 3 being playable on Catalina for Mac?

★★★★ Novice

@MaxisJoe I hope this version will run on newer Macs with apple silicon, if not i hope this new version being easy to port to ARM_64 

Message 397 of 4,043 (4,609 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@jeansawada The bright side of waiting another time (maybe). It will be a lot easier than porting it to 64 bits and making it macOS native at once.
Message 398 of 4,043 (4,437 Views)

@jeansawada

Rosetta 2 will enable apps built for Intel Macs to run on Apple Silicon equipped Macs Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 399 of 4,043 (4,430 Views)

Re: Sims 3 installation fail

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict do we have any updates so far?
Message 400 of 4,043 (877 Views)