the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Marg_Sosa

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 - "There is a problem connecting to the server..." installa

★★★ Newbie
Does anyone know when we might be able to play Sims 3 on Mac OS Catalina?
Message 21 of 4,043 (6,785 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

[ Edited ]

@pixieangel09  and @FancieSimmies  I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.

We haven't heard anything yet; this is the most recent word from EA:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/8765480#M6223

@FancieSimmies  In case you want to search for it later, it's not really the Legacy Edition of Sims 3; it's more of an update, so the game will run in 64-bit.  The old 32-bit version would probably be the Legacy Edition, if it's maintained.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 4,043 (6,769 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply!

Message 23 of 4,043 (6,732 Views)

Re: Sims 3 macOS Catalina

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Do you know when the update for the sims 3 will be coming? ¨_¨ thx
Message 24 of 4,043 (6,683 Views)

@20102001best  Nope, sorry, none of us knows when the update is coming.  I moved your post to this thread because this is where we're collecting all the requests for updates.  You can keep an eye on this thread, or the announcement from October—any news will be posted as soon as we hear.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 4,043 (6,675 Views)

Re: when will sims 3 Mac be released

Hi! At this point I fear that they have give up the project.... Can someone reassure us by telling us that updating The Sims 3 to work on Catalina is still something that you guys are working on?

Message 26 of 4,043 (12,576 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!! ¨-¨
Message 27 of 4,043 (12,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Be aware that the studio is still working on this. The Sims 3 for macOS relies on various technologies that Apple no longer supports. This makes the process of updating the game to run on modern (and future) macOS releases not a fast or easy one.

Once we have news to share Mai (and all of the AnswersHQ Heroes) will spread the news. In the meanwhile I hope you'll be patient with us as we keep plugging away at it.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 28 of 4,043 (12,410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe cant wait to play sims 3 again! hope it runs better than ever Standard smile
Message 29 of 4,043 (12,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am waiting aswell!! would love to play it again Standard smile

Message 30 of 4,043 (12,141 Views)