the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Marg_Sosa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★★★ Novice

The last we heard about it is in October. I have been waiting to see if the release has been posted. The catalina update for mac has been released and you guys said you would release the 64 bit in early 2020. Well the time is here it is January 10th, 2020 and I just want to know when the release date is. I am beyond excited to play the sims 3 again but I cant seem to find the release date Im looking for. Every time I go to search it, it just pulls back up the announcement of that they will be releasing a 64 bit. EA if you could please respond to my question. Im sure there are thousands of mac users out there who are waiting just like me. We love your game! We just want to play it. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Message 1 of 4,043 (109,709 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

EA Staff

(Boy, I sure to want to "@channel" this. That tells me I need to get away from Slack some more.)

Hey peeps!

Here's the news! It's fresh, it's hot, the pixels are still steaming. THAT'S HOW FRESH THIS IS!

Headline 1: ROOT CAUSE

We now know with very strong confidence what the root cause of the problem is. Without getting too far into the weeds, it has to do with how entitlements work within our publishing system, and tying together our modern system with some legacy systems. Long story short, something broke at the very last step that none of us anticipated AND was really, really hard to track down. You should see the size of the Zoom call I just got out of.

Headline 2: Get-well plan

We are actively deploying a fix. This is a thing that is almost 100% invisible to you. You do not need to download a new Origin client, or a new build of The Sims 3. It will just ... work. But here's where a challenge happens. The fix will take some time to roll out. It might even take as long as a few days. I don't have good data on this yet. There are two ways you can tell if it's hit your account. The most obvious is "did you get that error?" The less obvious way will be to right-click (or Control+Click) on the game art in "My Library" and select "Game Properties", OR open the game page in Origin and click on the "gear" icon and select "Game Properties." If you do NOT see a CD Key entry then your account hasn't been fixed yet. If you DO see a CD Key entry - happy simming! It IS possible to circumvent this process by contacting the Support team for help. As you've all noticed, they have helped some players get working again. Unfortunately people have not had a 100% success rate, and evidently some of you have to call a charge-by-minute line to do it (Me? I always use the chat option. I hate talking to people on the phone). So ... there's that. I'd really ask that you hold off on that option if you can.

Sub-headline 1: When does the Get-well plan start?

Right now! In fact it started a few minutes ago.

Sub-headline 2: Other stuff?

I'm not sure. I've seen a lot of sporadic reports of other issues people have seen that, honestly, I haven't had any opportunity to spend time on. I know that @Bluebellflora and @puzzlezaddict have been doing a lot of experimenting, so hopefully they'll have some pointers for all of us on how to make sure things are working at their best.

Other questions? Post them here at AHQ. If/when I can I'll help where possible. The community here is awesome, though, and I fully expect all the really meaty and juicy questions will be answered long before I see them.

Exciting times! Thanks for going on this ride with me everyone!

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2820 of 4,043 (39,397 Views)

All Replies

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

@Marg_Sosa  There's been no official word, and not even an unofficial rumor, since the announcement in October.  If you want, I can ask if someone specifically from EA would post, but I can already tell you what the answer is going to be: there's no date set, and there will be another announcement when the release  is imminent.

For what it's worth, when I read the original announcement, I took "early 2020" to mean "hopefully some time in the first half of 2020."  (That's not inside information, just my own lack of optimism.)  If the update comes out before May, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4,043 (109,552 Views)

Downloading Sims 3 on newest MacOS

★★★ Newbie

So i’ve tried for weeks to download the sims 3 on my mac but everytime id get an error. when i had finally looked into it i learned that it can’t be downloaded AT ALL because the downloader isn’t updated yet for the newest mac software. does anyone know when it’ll be updated? 

Message 3 of 4,043 (47,839 Views)

Re: Downloading Sims 3 on newest MacOS

@oliviageoffrion  According to EA, some time in early 2020.  (Maybe.)  I doubt there will be a more specific time announced until the release is imminent, but you can keep an eye on this thread for updates:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

Message 4 of 4,043 (47,796 Views)

When is Sims 3 for Mac Catalina being released?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When will you be releasing the updated version of Sims 3 for Mac Catalina? We've been waiting for a while now. 

Message 5 of 4,043 (109,029 Views)

Re: When is Sims 3 for Mac Catalina being released?

★★★★★ Novice
@Haanaps209 I'm also waiting for it...
Message 6 of 4,043 (108,968 Views)

Is the Sims 3 (64 bit & metal) released yet? Or a confirmed date yet?

★★ Apprentice

I use a Mac that has been updated to Catalina. I’m just wondering when they will have this update released??They said early 2020 but we are into February now. They have already released updates for The Sims, & The Sims 2. I love the all sims games but The Sims 3 is my favourite! 

Message 7 of 4,043 (48,229 Views)

Re: Is the Sims 3 (64 bit & metal) released yet? Or a confirmed date yet?

@amycoLLiNs4518  The update isn't out yet, and there's no confirmed date.  I wouldn't expect one until the release is imminent anyway.  And I haven't heard anything about the original Sims, but I know that Aspyr handled the updates for SimCity and Sims 2 in macOS.  However, Aspyr doesn't have the rights to Sims 3—EA is handling that game on its own.

Message 8 of 4,043 (48,216 Views)

Re: Is the Sims 3 (64 bit & metal) released yet? Or a confirmed date yet?

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Yes SimCity! Sorry my mistake!
Message 9 of 4,043 (48,192 Views)

Re: Can't run The Sims 3 on macOS Catalina

★ Apprentice

I haven't seen any updates on when this 64-bit will be released! The last update was October 2019...

Message 10 of 4,043 (109,989 Views)