the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Marg_Sosa

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★ Apprentice

I‘m having the same problem, with the rainbow loading circle, where the game freezes every 30 seconds or so and I can’t do anything except move my mouse - not even adjust my volume or force quit. The game resumes after about 30 seconds to a minute. The game runs pretty smoothly except for this issue, which is sad because this issue makes the game almost unplayable. But other than that, everything’s pretty smooth! Still waiting on two new expansions I bought to get the entitlement, but I bought them like the day before release last week. Also, the exchange isn’t working for me :/ but those aside, I‘m most concerned about the game itself running. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 4041 of 4,043 (9,420 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's unplayable for me...freezes every 15 or so seconds. Can hardly get any gameplay in. I was so excited for this release, and i'm a bit bummed. Hopefully a solution/ fix is on the way!

Message 4042 of 4,043 (9,315 Views)

Community Manager

Hi folks, 

Thanks for sharing your reports with us. We're locking this thread to limit the meshing of different reports in one space. Where possible it'd be best to join and add to the relevant open 64-bit thread that matches what you're experiencing. Standard smile Please take a look at the list below and head on over to the thread that's relevant to you:

Content Threads:
Technical/Crashing threads:
Graphic Threads:
Gameplay Threads:

If the issue you're experiencing isn't listed there, please open a new thread to get the balling rolling on that. In the meantime, we'll aim to continue the work of moving what posts we can since the announcement of the fix rollout over to the relevant threads to help keep information together and better track reports.

Remember to keep an eye on the Sims 3 64-bit guide and FAQ as it shares updated advice on most of these issues. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4043 of 4,043 (9,269 Views)