Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by missminimama85

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I have this too, and my iMac is set for that. I till can't figure out why it's doing that. 

Message 4031 of 4,043 (1,846 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My game still doesn’t work with store and exchange content, and I also can’t uninstall any of the custom content I installed. Has anyone got store content working on their game?

Message 4032 of 4,043 (1,796 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone ! 

I'm sorry for asking if this was said earlier but this thread is HUGE haha !

My game crashes every time I enter live mode.. It's unplayable. CAS and build mode work fine but the second I select a household and/or try to play, it crashes and quits "unexpectedly"....

I have uninstalled, reinstalled both origin and TS3 multiple times. Repaired the game etc... nothing.

I noticed TS3 folder is missing from my EA folder ?? I have the "TS3 packs" folder and that's IT. Is that the issue?? How can I get the folders?? where are they going... lol.

If anyone can help, it would be so amazing. 

Message 4033 of 4,043 (1,726 Views)

★★ Pro
@XprincessdidiY The Sims 3 app is hidden, go toe the folder and select command +Shift + (.). It will unhide the files.
Message 4034 of 4,043 (1,819 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I did that and the launcher for TS3 shows up (it was indeed hidden), however, still no "TS3 folder" itself. Just the packs... I have TS4 folder which then has all the packs and mods and saves etc etc inside. Isn't TS3 supposed to have the same? It just isn't appearing anywhere in my computer....

Message 4035 of 4,043 (1,815 Views)

★★ Pro
@XprincessdidiY Try to check under users/yourname/applications
Message 4036 of 4,043 (1,811 Views)

★★ Apprentice

ummm this time there's no signs of TS3 at all... I linked a screenshot (from after showing hidden files). This isn't normal right, haha....? I'm trying to pin-point abnormalities so I can tell the EA help team and I'm thinking not seeing the game file at all might be part of the issue? Thank you so much for your time btw. 

Message 4037 of 4,043 (1,797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same! It crashes whenever I enter into "live" mode. It's so frustrating.

Message 4038 of 4,043 (1,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well im glad it's not just me. That means it's probably an issue on EA's side aka fixable !

Have you talked to EA? They basically told me they don't know and can't do anything and won't until "more people complain about this issue"..... I'm getting frustrated cause this game is a brand new release they spent a long time working on, my Mac is brand new and has all the required specs. There's no reasons for it not to be working... (I'm ofc very nice to the EA help team whom I've spoken to but I wish they could help me (and all of us) a bit more...)

Message 4039 of 4,043 (1,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the CD key entry but it still won't download the game. My Mac is up to date on everything.

Message 4040 of 4,043 (6,032 Views)