Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Malik_osse

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe  Yes it did work. After playing for a while, it started to crash. So I started saving more often. Until now it crashed as soon as I entered the household and is about to start playing. what do you mean by a new save? and yes I can share my folder with you 

Message 3881 of 4,043 (877 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe Of course. So in terms of hardware, here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir8,2
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 8 GB

I have 376 GB storage available and I'm running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

I'm in the process of reinstalling the entire game again after getting rid of all the previous TS3 and origin files using online clean uninstallation guides. I will try launching the game without any CC and get back to you on if it works.
Message 3882 of 4,043 (875 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe hi, i just want to know if an update will come to fix all of the bugs we have in the game (not being able to swim in the sea, build/buy mode etc)? obviously i don't expect it right now but is it planned?

Message 3883 of 4,043 (874 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe  I have repaired my game mulitple times and every time I get into my household the game wither freezes or crashes. Help!!

Message 3884 of 4,043 (857 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Has anyone actually successfully played this game lmao

Message 3885 of 4,043 (851 Views)

EA Staff

@terrasoleil wrote:
@MaxisJoe Of course. So in terms of hardware, here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir8,2
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Total Number of Cores: 2
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB

I have 376 GB storage available and I'm running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

I'm in the process of reinstalling the entire game again after getting rid of all the previous TS3 and origin files using online clean uninstallation guides. I will try launching the game without any CC and get back to you on if it works.

That's great. Thank you! If it does work, please start adding back in your CC one or two things at a time, then play for a while, then add some more. Let's see if maybe we can narrow it down to some particular CC.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 3886 of 4,043 (817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe Are there plans to fix the constant freezing and crashing players are experiencing? Thanks in advance!

Message 3887 of 4,043 (812 Views)

EA Staff

@Malik_osse wrote:

@MaxisJoe hi, i just want to know if an update will come to fix all of the bugs we have in the game (not being able to swim in the sea, build/buy mode etc)? obviously i don't expect it right now but is it planned?

I've mentioned before that we can't comment on unannounced roadmaps or releases. We are actively gathering data about the problems people are seeing though, and will take all of this into account in determining what the next steps are.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 3888 of 4,043 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,  

My problems is:

I am trying to put back my CC’s through the launcher. When installing the items through the launcher, I am getting “error: critical system failure”. 

When I tried to do it through the game, I got:

You are running a version of The Sims 3 that does not support updating and downloading of content. Please use the Game Updates feature of The sims 3 Launcher to update your game. Please note that by version is 1.70.

Message 3889 of 4,043 (1,057 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I tried installing the game (just base game, haven't tried with the expansions) and got a Sims 3 quit unexpectedly error. I uninstalled everything and tried again but I got it once more. I attached a screen of the error I'm getting, and these are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Total Number of Cores: 4

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? 

Message 3890 of 4,043 (1,040 Views)