Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Sebosze

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@steingab000 Same thing is happening to me today. I haven’t tried using CC yet, but now I the game doesn’t open when I press play on the sims 3 launcher. It was working perfectly last night though so not sure why this is happening...I tried repairing on origin too and still nothing.
Message 3851 of 4,043 (1,031 Views)

Champion

@NaturallySimi , the Mac version of Sims 2 is called Sims 2 Super Collection and was ported by Aspyr. It does not contain all the expansion and stuff packs released for Sims 2 like the Ultimate Collection on Windows did. Super Collection only contains what was ported to the Mac OS at the time by Aspyr. (Base Game through Bon Voyage Expansion Packs and Glamour Life, Family Fun Stuff and Holiday Stuff for the stuff packs). It is available currently on the Apple App Store for about $20 (US) and has been updated to run 64 bit on Catalina. 

If you decide to purchase it and need help installing it and running the game, please feel free to visit the "Other Sims Games" section of these forums. I'm usually there to help out and I support both the Windows and Mac versions of Sims 2. (Yes, I'm a Mac user waiting patently for her Sims 3 64 bit).

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3852 of 4,043 (999 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Leonora1390 You're not alone, I haven't even played my own game because I don't want to deal with lag and bugs. I'm sorry, but when they said they playtested this, I feel like they lied... People should not be going through all of this mess just to play their favorite game. It sucks.
Message 3853 of 4,043 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Leonora1390 wrote:

I have no idea how to post here without responding. So sorry! 

Is anybody else experiencing a f*** ton of bugs and freezing and lag?? 

In my opinion, this is an unplayable experience. 

Am I alone in thinking this?? 🙃

Mine is working pretty well. I'm playing Island Paradise with a family that I had made before the upgrade. The ocean water is pixelated and my sims are teleporting everywhere instead of walking. Other than that, no problem. I'm was able to download my custom content. I was able to edit their outfits and hair in CAS. My system specs are attached...

Message 3854 of 4,043 (815 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Repair it in origin settings. Thats how i got store content but for other CC I manually add it to the sims 3 downloads folder, launch the app and then install from there.

Message 3855 of 4,043 (787 Views)

★ Apprentice

@sparilis wrote:

Mine is working pretty well. [...] The ocean water is pixelated and my sims are teleporting everywhere instead of walking. [...]

Dayum, that's far from "working pretty well" 😂

Message 3856 of 4,043 (776 Views)

★ Apprentice

Store content isn't working for me either Disappointed but my game works so it is what it is 

Message 3857 of 4,043 (704 Views)

EA Staff

@terrasoleil wrote:

@MaxisJoe this is what I see when I try to launch my game.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 12.39.11 PM.png

A SIGSEGV basically means that we tried to do something bad with memory management and pointers. I believe a thread has been started where people are trying to chase down reproducible use cases for crashes like this. Can you post there too? It will help make sure you don't get lost in the shuffle.

In the meanwhile, are you able to reproduce this reliably? What if you move you The Sims 3 folder out of th Documents/Electronic Arts fodler, then restart TS3 as a completely new game (no save, no CC, no mods, etc)? Are you still able to reproduce it?

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 3858 of 4,043 (877 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Any Mac user experiencing freezing and the multi-color loading wheel that appears when it freezes, and then it continues? It keeps happening to me when my sim travels from lot to lot or I move my camera front lot to lot. It sometimes happens when I go on world view. My game just crashed because of this freezing and it’s rlly annoying!! :/

Message 3859 of 4,043 (862 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys my game still won't even install ...

I'm getting so tired of this

If you look at the picture attached there's a button that says "installér" which is NOT the same as "download". The game is downloaded, and it needs to install the last few things I guess, but it doesn't work?? Btw I'm located in Denmark, that's why it's a different language. 
Every time I click the button it says "afslutter" immediately which would be "finishing" or something like that in the English version of Origin. 
I've spoken to the help center, and they told me to reset Origin, which I have now done multiple times, I've also uninstalled Origin and reinstalled it afterwards. I do have the CD-key. Nothing seems to work

Can someone please help me?

Message 3860 of 4,043 (876 Views)