Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by FemmieFrodo

Original Post

★ Guide

@Dorabella123 wrote:
@andiepandie71I had problems with the store too. I solved mine by switching browsers. I have Chrome, Firefox and one called Vivaldi and I alternated between them. Safari was useless. You might have to repair your game to get the launcher to work - if you haven't tried that already.

Same here. I could browse in the store with Safari but a lot of the store's controls didn't work. Everything worked in Chrome, though.  Also, nothing worked until I repaired the game.

Message 3811 of 4,043 (828 Views)

★ Guide

@STablada wrote:
@RhiC2707Wait what expansion packs work and what don’t?

Island paradise works. That's the one that I've been playing with. I haven't tried any others yet.

Message 3812 of 4,043 (828 Views)

★★★ Novice
@sparilis Thank you. I read somewhere that the CD key is only a temp fix. I’ll give it a go.
Message 3813 of 4,043 (792 Views)

★★ Novice

@sparilis How do you get a CD key?

Message 3814 of 4,043 (790 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MaxisJoe Hi so I can now play the game, but it keeps freezing for 30 seconds, and then eventually the game quits, is there anything I can do?
Message 3815 of 4,043 (768 Views)

★★★ Novice

Finally got it to WORK!!!!! Chatted with tech support and asked them to add the CD Key into my Origin version and now it works. Let’s GO!!! 

Message 3816 of 4,043 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My game keeps crashing every 15 minutes. It runs really smoothly with fast loading times and no freezing, even on higher graphic settings, but it just keeps shutting off without warning. No freezing, no error message, it just shuts off. I've tried repairing the game several times. That seemed to work at first but only for two hours. After that it went back to crashing every 15 minutes. I also tried to play on the lowest graphic settings but that didn't make a difference. Is anyone else experiencing something like this as well and is there a way to fix it?

Message 3817 of 4,043 (710 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

honestly, at this point I just wont play the game until a majority of these bugs are fixed. it’s going to take a while anyway and it’s no use just waiting around for these bugs to be fixed when i have other things to do.

Message 3818 of 4,043 (827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's the same thing for me but all my expansion packs are showing in the game itself. Should I be worried?

Message 3819 of 4,043 (805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Someone also hving problems with doing terrain work? I can you use the brush and everything but it doesn’t show up when i use it??? 😭

Message 3820 of 4,043 (834 Views)