by LOCALSIMMER_2020

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★ Pro
@dantesacks101 Hit command return
Message 3781 of 4,043 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I cannot get CAS to work at all. It takes five minutes to respond to any interaction and I end up having to force quit the game. All the rest of the game is pretty much spot on (except for the ocean). Is anybody else having this issue / know if there is a way to fix it? 

Message 3782 of 4,043 (903 Views)

★★ Guide

Still can't get the sims 3 pets, so annoying... 

Message 3783 of 4,043 (857 Views)

★★★ Guide
@tokyoes What a good idea. I didn't know there was such a mod. Downloading it now.
Message 3784 of 4,043 (816 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Yellowhood Just use your shift key for a capital letter.
Message 3785 of 4,043 (795 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I would really recommend with any issues with the Sims 3, to use the Live Chat but the India version. The agents are so lovely and helpful, and they actually know what they are talking about!

Message 3786 of 4,043 (726 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@amyc3085 yes it is so slow that I can't even get passed create a sim :/ So the release of 64 bit pretty much does not make a difference to me cause I still cannot play
Message 3787 of 4,043 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can't use build/buy mode without it glitching and deleting everything every 2 minutes. I then have to come out of the game and restart to make it work again. Anyone else having this issue??

Message 3788 of 4,043 (968 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@gs921 Yes! That is exactly the issue that I have. CAS does not work at all. It is unplayable. I could not even give my Sim a name..
Message 3789 of 4,043 (963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive been a "silent reader" so far, but I feel like I want to add something now, so things can get fixed in the future. I´m sorry if "reply" isn't the right option here but I can't find where you can create a new comment.

My game is also very very slow. But it's really weird because the time runs as it usually would but the Sims take forever to do something (like taking half a day to take a shower).

But now I have a different problem:

I´m from Germany and I got the entitlement yesterday without contacting anyone. But two of my expansions were still finalizing and repairing the game didn't help for me. I then deinstalled the game and started again. Afterwards all expansions said "play" instead of finalizing. I "played" for a few hours without crashing.

But when I woke up this morning to play, suddenly a lot of expansions and even the main game say "finalizing" again!!! How is this even possible when hey were fine yesterday??

I also have some weird glitches: My game shows weird black lines (like from an old TV) whenever I start it and the only way it stops is to change the format back to 3:4 and then back to 16:9...

I also have the eyelash glitch and the game just in general runs super slow, even with the settings at their lowest and no CC or mods installed.

The next weird thing is that I have two Sims3 folders in my documents. I deleted everything before redownloading and installing the game. I am very confused as they both have different contents: one has all the normal stuff (like Collections, Downloads, ...) but the other one has only a small portion of the usual files in it... So I think that maybe the games aren't installing right at the moment which results in performance issues, the "finalizing" problem and so on.... Does anyone else have 2 Sims 3 folders?

I`m not trying to complain, because I am very thankful that we will be able to play the Sims 3 on our MacBooks again. But for now, I have decided to wait until the Sims Team fixes the issues, because playing the game at the moment just is no fun. 

Message 3790 of 4,043 (968 Views)