Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by ryanmaster12345

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

just boosting the issue that a few people have had:

I can install sims3packs completely but the game crashes if I try to run it with custom content. has anyone solved this? 

Message 3741 of 4,043 (818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@kandykute I'm getting that too, I reported it on a support chat and it sounds like they're looking into it but if anyone else has been able to fix it I'd definitely like to know!

Message 3742 of 4,043 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@RhiC2707Do you have pets too or is it happening even if you just create sims alone? I just moved in a pre-existing household and everything is working perfectly so far. Would love for pets to work though as I never got to play it much when I first bought it years ago as my computer at the time couldn’t handle sims lmao.

Message 3743 of 4,043 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Everything's working okay...(not great but it's functional). I can't swim or fish in the ocean and I can't collect insects. So far those are the biggest bugs I've encountered aside from the awful eyelashes.

EDIT: Totally forgot about my epic issues with installing Sims3Packs and downloading from the store. (I can't do either).

Message 3744 of 4,043 (705 Views)

★★ Guide
@ryanmaster12345 I had that "won't delete" issue too when I was playing last night--quitting and reloading the game seemed to fix it. As for rotating, I just use the < > keys on the keyboard(:
Message 3745 of 4,043 (696 Views)

★★ Novice
@badbleep_16 it's already out on the AppStore and runs really smoothly! but it's missing apartment life and some stuff packs
Message 3746 of 4,043 (689 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

is there anyone here who’s successfully added sims AND a pet without the game crashing as soon as you add them to the world?

Message 3747 of 4,043 (681 Views)

★★★ Guide
@andiepandie71 I had problems with the store too. I solved mine by switching browsers. I have Chrome, Firefox and one called Vivaldi and I alternated between them. Safari was useless. You might have to repair your game to get the launcher to work - if you haven't tried that already.
Message 3748 of 4,043 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

also does anyone’s game show up in their applications? i tried the “cmd shift period” control but nothing showed up. my game can launch just fine, and the game is in my launchpad, but it’s just not appearing in applications.

Message 3749 of 4,043 (968 Views)

★ Guide
@bpnovak7 it fixed it the game is nice but sometimes I have a little lag spike and than it is one I m happy it works but I am scared to buy a pack because my game wordt work anymore
Message 3750 of 4,043 (947 Views)