by jadealexistv

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★★★ Novice
@TheBirds001 I am having the same issue
Message 3591 of 4,043 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has anyone had any luck in trying to install any cc? It's not working at all for me. 

I made one observation, not sure if this has anything to do with it. My game is running, laggy, but very doable. The Sims 3 is in my launchpad, but the sims 3 application is not in my applications folder. Maybe the missing piece has something to do with the cc not having an application to use? There's no plumbob on any simspack files. just blank files. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it at all but it was just an observation. If anyone has had any luck installing their cc please help! we've all been waiting so long to play. happy simming. 

Message 3592 of 4,043 (829 Views)

★★ Novice
@jadealexistv I can't download cc either. I can drag the sims3pack into the launcher and click install but there is an error message saying "critical system error" at the end of the installation. All my cc are blank files too!
Message 3593 of 4,043 (777 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@gbrielmoravia With the game running, go to your Mac’s System Preferences and set the Display to “default.”
Message 3594 of 4,043 (760 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem! Store content doesn’t download either

Message 3595 of 4,043 (754 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@jadealexistv I don’t have the link, but there is a separate thread for this with a fix. Search this forum.
Message 3596 of 4,043 (699 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I got my game fixed by an EA support member last night and played for 6 hours straight with no big issues and today I load up my game and I'm able to play about an hour before it randomly quit on me and now I can't load it for 5 minutes without it quitting. Did something happen? Frown

Message 3597 of 4,043 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@jadealexistv  The solution is on this forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/store-content-and-sims3packs/td-p/9661398

Simply repair your game and it should install cc.

Message 3598 of 4,043 (793 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BrooklynnAlice Sorry idk how to upload an input without answering directly ...

Anyway I see that a LOT of you got your game working just not the CC, but I can't even get the game to work ... could somebody help me out please? Tell me how you did?
In Origin it says "Install" and when I open it it says that it's doing the verification thingy, but I'm guessing it's not really doing it since it does it all over again every time I open Origin? But after it does that I can click "install" but nothing happens, it starts and then says "finishing" or something ("afsluttes" on mine, since it's in Danish)

Pleaseee help me, I can't find a phone number to call ...
Message 3599 of 4,043 (766 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Annakatsorte Have you checked that your game has a CD Key?
Message 3600 of 4,043 (752 Views)