Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by LOCALSIMMER_2020

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Finally got my CD key and played sims 3 today, but I can't get through a sims day without it crashing Frown Not sure if anything can be done or if there will be another update?

Message 3461 of 4,043 (1,158 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi! My game is up and working! It's lagging a lot but overall, it's doing great. I was able to install late night and the loft ep and sp to the game. However, it says that I have unlocked generations and world adventures but does not give me an option to download them at all. I own both of these eps and I am just a little confused. I double checked my game and they are not there. I tried contacting customer support but the service in my area is not great. What else can I do?

Message 3462 of 4,043 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've seemed to have noticed I get two of every expansion come up. One that says it's unlocked with no option to download and another that has the option to download. Haven't been able to play as I'm waiting for the CD Key so not sure how it will affect gameplay but all the packs are able to be downloaded. 

Message 3463 of 4,043 (1,062 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@natashakitty It also lags for me too on the CAS. I am trying to play with the graphic settings to see if I can fix it. Aside of CAS, gameplay is not constant lagging, but ocasional.
Message 3464 of 4,043 (946 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jisux8 sigh okay so I literally deep cleaned my sims 3 files, uninstalled and reinstalled my ~entire~ set of expansion packs, and my CC still won't install. I also can't see any of my expansion packs in the launcher, they're all greyed out. I tried repairing my game repeatedly during the installation process on origin to no avail. is anyone else experiencing this issue? i feel like i'm alone in this.
Message 3465 of 4,043 (935 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@terrasoleil when i hover over the icons in the launcher, it says "requires registering of the sims 3" like what??? @MaxisJoe please help
Message 3466 of 4,043 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@terrasoleil I also have the CD key option under "game properties", so that's not the issue. I did ~everything~ correctly. i have no idea why my game isn't working.
Message 3467 of 4,043 (1,083 Views)

★★ Guide

Good morning fellow Simmers! Woke up to no CD key unfortunately. It's so hard to have patience. 

Message 3468 of 4,043 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LOCALSIMMER_2020 I didn’t go to sleep. How cute
Message 3469 of 4,043 (1,073 Views)

★★ Guide

I can't see an option to chat, is it just me or... ?

Message 3470 of 4,043 (1,055 Views)