Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by paytolones

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey y'all! 

I'm sorry if this post is irrelevant now, I don't think I've read anything since page 200 and something. But, my game was updated (the cd key showed up) about half an hour ago! I have not tested how it is running yet as I have uni work to do, but after I'm done I'll come back to let you know about how it runs! I'm thinking that games should be starting to work much sooner than we thought! This will probably not be true for everyone in the next 20 minutes, but we're getting there! 

Another note. I still do not have all of my packs... I think this is normal. I'm not sure if @MaxisJoe has mentioned anything about that, but I'm not too worried about it at the moment. The team has clearly had a bigger issue to worry about haha. 

I'll update you soon about how it runs (and maybe if CC works)!

Message 3391 of 4,043 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@paytolones can you show me a picture of what your launcher looks like possibly? and also is your application showing that you have all of the expansion packs? cause mine are all installed but none of them are showing up in the launcher, and i'm not able to install any CC no matter how many times I repair the app.
Message 3392 of 4,043 (934 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine does too! I was able to receive a CD key for the game but I’m not sure if one CD key covers all expansion packs?? Which might be the reason why they say finalizing, @MaxisJoe  can you confirm this?

Message 3393 of 4,043 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you 

Message 3394 of 4,043 (755 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

well miss you too king Frown also, hi from Texas! 

Message 3395 of 4,043 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@terrasoleil 

Hey! I will attempt to upload a screenshot of my launcher in a minute, it says that the file is too big 🤦🏻‍♀️ But when I do look at my launcher, I'll say that it looks like the normal TS3 launcher... if that helps whatsoever. The expansion packs that I have downloaded all show up at the bottom. The only ones that are grayed out are the few that I still don't have the entitlement for. Also, I'll take your word on CC. 

Message 3396 of 4,043 (1,052 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@paytolones Thank you so much! Right now I'm trying a clean uninstall and reinstall. I deleted every single possible TS3 file I could find on my laptop, and I went through a guide online to get rid of everything. Now I'm in the process of reinstalling all my expansion packs in the order they were released (apparently that helps with installation.) I'm hoping that it works this time.
Message 3397 of 4,043 (953 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I finally got the Sims 3 64bit to work on my computer. 

I uninstalled everything, contacted EA, they put the CD keys onto my games, then I redownloaded everything and I could finally play my game! 

I created two sims and a dog. It took me probably a good 45 mins lol after that I selected which house I wanted my Sims to live in and that's when my game crashed. 

I've repaired my game, made sure it was updated, etc... but every time I go back to play it works fine until I try to move Sims into a house. 

HELP ME   Disappointed 

what should I do to fix this!! I just want to play lol

Message 3398 of 4,043 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Did you have to get separate keys for your expansion packs ??? @treskamckenzie 

Message 3399 of 4,043 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Any luck on successfully installing Sims 3 Packs? I keep getting 'critical error' even after repairing the game. I have a game key as well. 

EDIT : ITS FIXED THANKS 

Thanks to @JustCallMeNerdy solution : 

"If that's not the issue, please open a Finder window, hold down the option(alt) key, click Go at the top of your screen, then select Library.  From there, open Application Support > Origin, and see whether you have a folder inside labeled Installer Data.  If you do, please open it, take a screenshot of its contents, and attach it to a post.

If you don't have the folder, create one; be sure to get the name and case exactly right.  If you have one, trash it and make a new one.  Then try to install a new download of one item, and let me know whether it works.  It may help to install a Store item first, although I'm not sure" (  @JustCallMeNerdy ).

I did have to uninstall my game and delete my sims 3 folder (it regenerates when you reinstall) 

P.S don't forget to hit 'repair game' 

Message 3400 of 4,043 (901 Views)