Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by melaniedoiron

Original Post

★★ Guide
@Syannaxx It's a hit or miss, honestly. I think a lot of the support agents are out of the loop on the whole thing, so they're inclined to go with their typical "have you repaired? have you updated?" sort of schtick. It took a while (I talked with maybe 5 separate agents until I got the key) but if you keep at it, I'm certain you'll get it!
Message 3261 of 4,043 (1,083 Views)

EA Staff

@addalily wrote:

Is anyone else just kinda sad, I’m going to miss this new normal of checking the forum. I’ve got the Sims working now so that’s a wooo. 

Well I know I'll miss all of you!

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 3262 of 4,043 (1,067 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe I contacted someone at support but they said no CD key was required, what does that mean?
Message 3263 of 4,043 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe I a little out of the loop can you please get me up to speed
Message 3264 of 4,043 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@bpnovak7 thank you for your reassurance. i'm going to give up trying tonight and try again tomorrow!
Message 3265 of 4,043 (886 Views)

EA Staff

@dallymunoz21 wrote:

@MaxisJoe is the game playable now or is the error message still there?

The answer you will hate is "that depends." A fix is rolling out to all users, but it might take a while. You can tell if it has hit your account or not by going to "The Sims 3 (64-bit & Metal)", opening Advanced Settings (I think - someone check my memory here) and looking for "CD Key" with a string of letters. If you see that, you're good. If you don't, you're not.

Maybe people are contacting customer support for help to re-apply the 64-bit entitlement, but if you are patient it will show up all by itself sometime between right-now and a-few-days-from-now.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 3266 of 4,043 (874 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if there's something that can be done if I have an expansion that isn't installed but I've played it before? Like, I have the pets expansion but can't find my code to install it. Is there anyway to still load this pack or do I need to buy it again?

Message 3267 of 4,043 (919 Views)

★ Guide

So has the failed to verify thing been fixed at all? 

Message 3268 of 4,043 (900 Views)

★★ Pro
@MaxisJoe For sure we will find a way to have you here with us Wink
Message 3269 of 4,043 (933 Views)

★ Guide
@clokker14 Guarav added my cd code and got me in within 2 minutes!
Message 3270 of 4,043 (928 Views)