Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by gurlgamer05

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@slbankhead Yes, but have those issues from way before the launch of this Sims version
Message 2811 of 4,043 (5,763 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@BillieSax I just got off a chat with support too. I wasn't successful so I still can't play Frown

Message 2812 of 4,043 (5,762 Views)

★★ Guide
@BillieSax Oh God the weird quarter screen thing? 😂 I got that! Well done I'm so happy for you!
Message 2813 of 4,043 (5,760 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
omg in about 3 hours, france is getting quarantined again Frown thank god i should be able to play the sims 3 during this new lockdown
Message 2814 of 4,043 (5,688 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@gurlgamer05 Aww, that sucks! What category did u choose? I chose Sims 3, technical support and game won´t launch. Hope this might be of any help to you Standard smile Gooood luck!!
Message 2815 of 4,043 (5,582 Views)

★ Guide

@Malik_osse Belgium is probably getting a second lockdown too. So I hope we can play asap 

Message 2816 of 4,043 (5,567 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Malik_osse Surely they will be able to get us to play tomorrow! I trust them.
Message 2817 of 4,043 (5,531 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@LillyDoe Hhahahah yup, and I tried to fix it and it got even worse, it got all wide and weird ahah😂 Thank you so much😊😊
Message 2818 of 4,043 (5,497 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Caro_B2409 fingers crossed!! are you from the french part of belgium or the flemish one?
Message 2819 of 4,043 (5,480 Views)

EA Staff

(Boy, I sure to want to "@channel" this. That tells me I need to get away from Slack some more.)

Hey peeps!

Here's the news! It's fresh, it's hot, the pixels are still steaming. THAT'S HOW FRESH THIS IS!

Headline 1: ROOT CAUSE

We now know with very strong confidence what the root cause of the problem is. Without getting too far into the weeds, it has to do with how entitlements work within our publishing system, and tying together our modern system with some legacy systems. Long story short, something broke at the very last step that none of us anticipated AND was really, really hard to track down. You should see the size of the Zoom call I just got out of.

Headline 2: Get-well plan

We are actively deploying a fix. This is a thing that is almost 100% invisible to you. You do not need to download a new Origin client, or a new build of The Sims 3. It will just ... work. But here's where a challenge happens. The fix will take some time to roll out. It might even take as long as a few days. I don't have good data on this yet. There are two ways you can tell if it's hit your account. The most obvious is "did you get that error?" The less obvious way will be to right-click (or Control+Click) on the game art in "My Library" and select "Game Properties", OR open the game page in Origin and click on the "gear" icon and select "Game Properties." If you do NOT see a CD Key entry then your account hasn't been fixed yet. If you DO see a CD Key entry - happy simming! It IS possible to circumvent this process by contacting the Support team for help. As you've all noticed, they have helped some players get working again. Unfortunately people have not had a 100% success rate, and evidently some of you have to call a charge-by-minute line to do it (Me? I always use the chat option. I hate talking to people on the phone). So ... there's that. I'd really ask that you hold off on that option if you can.

Sub-headline 1: When does the Get-well plan start?

Right now! In fact it started a few minutes ago.

Sub-headline 2: Other stuff?

I'm not sure. I've seen a lot of sporadic reports of other issues people have seen that, honestly, I haven't had any opportunity to spend time on. I know that @Bluebellflora and @puzzlezaddict have been doing a lot of experimenting, so hopefully they'll have some pointers for all of us on how to make sure things are working at their best.

Other questions? Post them here at AHQ. If/when I can I'll help where possible. The community here is awesome, though, and I fully expect all the really meaty and juicy questions will be answered long before I see them.

Exciting times! Thanks for going on this ride with me everyone!

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 2820 of 4,043 (39,398 Views)