by sofiane51

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★ Apprentice

honestly I cannot pretend that I am not hating on you at the moment 

Message 2401 of 4,043 (1,221 Views)

★★ Guide
@realfabiomello Sorry would've edited my other comment but my EA forum is being odd and not letting me. So it just randomly worked after 23 hours? No "update" or anything?
Message 2402 of 4,043 (1,213 Views)

★ Guide
@LillyDoe some folks have reported it working for about 1.5-2 hrs with 2+ crashes
Message 2403 of 4,043 (1,091 Views)

★★ Guide
@sarahbevan Yes saw this! They were all EA Support given games, but also seemed to be one person, the other hasn't had any crashes (but did have an unknown error when they installed an expansion pack. Boo.)
Message 2404 of 4,043 (1,031 Views)

★★ Guide

Just managed to reach the sims 3 launch screen and I don't think I've ever been so excited to see it haha

Message 2405 of 4,043 (984 Views)

★★ Apprentice

GUYS! Mine is working and only because I thought "what the heck let me try to chat.." Well, the chat rep did some magic on his end and now I am in! His words: 

"Players are seeing the error "Installation verification failure. The game cannot run. The installation is incomplete. Please reinstall and try again." when attempting to install Sims 3 Metal (64bit) on Mac. Our team is investigating but let me check if I can do something.

I tried to add the game again to your account , the new version."

Prateek was the reps name. I had to verify my email and close Origin and start it back up and boom, I'm in! Hopefully this helps others!
Message 2406 of 4,043 (967 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The EA help chat team just told me that they are able to push the entitlement to my game, but that their superiors have suggested to tell me to just wait.

Message 2407 of 4,043 (944 Views)

★ Guide
@sarahbevan Yeah I was just playing for an hour and a half today. It froze up 4 different times up to 30 seconds. And now I just crashed. Maybe I need to change my settings? Not sure if the majority of people who have the game are also sharing the same experience.
Message 2408 of 4,043 (903 Views)

★★ Novice

my game says "unable to start game. your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 expansion pack. pleas update your game via the game launcher." it does this when I have no expansion or stuff packs installed and also when I do have them installed. I have tried repairing and updating and installing the game and packs. please help seeing as I can't even get into the game when others are at least being able to launch the game. thank u.

Message 2409 of 4,043 (903 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@realfabiomello mentally, I'm here
Message 2410 of 4,043 (897 Views)