Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by loveoz13

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 2291 of 4,043 (1,932 Views)

★ Guide

@LOCALSIMMER_2020 same...it's killing me that I don't know how long it will take before we can play. I don't want to be impatient but I am Frown 

But I know that @MaxisJoe and his team are working hard and I appreciate all of them!

Message 2292 of 4,043 (1,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@FemmieFrodo wrote:

Update on my game. I got the entitlement through a helpful employe at ea about three hours ago. I've installed the base-game and all the expansions I own (including some limited edition ones) successfully. I've played for about 1,5 hour now and in that time it crashed twice. So even the lucky ones still aren't working fully, but it's better than nothing. I really hope it will soon be fixed for everyone

I just wanted to add my two cents in case anyone is worried for when the game does become available for everyone. My game is also working, but I haven't crashed once. Everything is running smooth for me. 

Edit: I've played for an hour today and will say at moments the game freezes up for me and the rainbow circle appears. It last at most 30 seconds, but does not crash.

2nd Edit: This post aged poorly, my game crashed lol. 

Message 2293 of 4,043 (1,643 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello,How did you installed the games?

Message 2294 of 4,043 (1,605 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@iscool87 lucky you Standard smile
Message 2295 of 4,043 (1,596 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The 64 bit game didn't show up in mine, i managed to get a copy in my library after talking to EA, but after I press play on the launcher it says unknown error so I can't play it even though I have it now!

Message 2296 of 4,043 (1,553 Views)

★ Guide
@SlytherinChaser0 Did you install any expansion packs? When I originally tried to install expansion packs, I installed the old ones rather than the new ones, which made the unknown error appear.
Message 2297 of 4,043 (1,469 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@iscool87 I got carried away when I thought the 32 one was the right one! I thought I had uninstalled them all, but when I downloaded the 64 bit version it said I had expansions that weren't compatible downloaded and wouldn't load the launcher! I cleared the installs page on origin and deleted the sims 3 folder and it still won't load so now I have no idea! I think i'm going to sleep on it! :D
Message 2298 of 4,043 (1,362 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ashia81645 I called EA's phone support and they told me to WAIT, WITHOUT A DATE SET TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM! Don’t solved... 😖😖😖

Message 2299 of 4,043 (985 Views)

★★★ Novice
@FemmieFrodo what did you say to them for them to give it to you?
Message 2300 of 4,043 (967 Views)