Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by sxpervenom

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I just talked to support and the guy said that there's no such a thing as manually rolling out the game for some individuals. He said that people who claimed they get the game by contacting the support most likely are spammers. Lol  

Message 2181 of 4,043 (1,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Nxxis on Mojave os The Sims 3 doesn't start including. "unknown error" notification
Message 2182 of 4,043 (1,044 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@nas4433 This is because Mojave and Catalina are different OS systems. Mojave does support 32 bit. Catalina does not.
Message 2183 of 4,043 (996 Views)

★ Apprentice

@kulikalova wrote:

I just talked to support and the guy said that there's no such a thing as manually rolling out the game for some individuals. He said that people who claimed they get the game by contacting the support most likely are spammers. Lol  

Yes! They said to me that they couldn't manually roll out the game. I was so confused, but it's good to hear that you had the same experience. here is to waiting!

Message 2184 of 4,043 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Currently at work. been readin this thread all day lmao.

eeee i hope everything works out today! 

Message 2185 of 4,043 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@nas4433Mojave does support 32 bit but 32bit Sims 3 simply doesn't work on Mac. There's some very complicated fixes but even those aren't guaranteed.

Message 2186 of 4,043 (957 Views)

★★ Guide
@kulikalova Oh no! that doesn't sound good. Even for people who never received the new version in their libraries?
Message 2187 of 4,043 (914 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Nxxis I tried to launch 32 bit on Mojave yesterday
Message 2188 of 4,043 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@nas4433you just said on Mojave that you don't have this problem??

> sorry wrong link earlier. I tried to link to your above post. Im new to the forum

Message 2189 of 4,043 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey everyone! So I was like you all yesterday and was nervous that I wouldn't be able to play sims 3 because the 64 bit version wasn't showing up yet in my origin account. I contacted EA twice, and the first time they weren't helpful at all. The second time, I was able to get my entitlements super easily. For reference, I purchased all of my games originally through origin, and the 64 bit versions didn't show up until I contacted customer service.

Prior to installing the game, I deleted my old sims 3 folder under "electronic arts." I also deleted the old launcher for sims 3 32 bit by going under "application settings" in origin, then "installs and saves", then click "delete all installers." Or, if you have other games not related to sims, just click "browse installers" and delete all of the installers related to sims 3 32 bit.

After all of that was done, I just installed my base game and all of my expansion packs (ambitions, generations, island paradise, late night, pets, seasons, supernatural, university life, and world adventures.) I didn't get any error messages and was able to launch the game and get past the main menu. 

I hope that this helps everyone! Wishing you guys all the best of luck. 

P.S. I can already tell that the game is much faster/smoother and loads much more quickly. 

Message 2190 of 4,043 (862 Views)