Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by kparko

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@eleeman12What MacOS are you running? I am sorry, just curious.

Message 2071 of 4,043 (1,910 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok thank you!

Message 2072 of 4,043 (1,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm getting a "your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 expansion pack. please update your game via game launcher." message but when I look at origin it says the expansion packs of seasons, generations, into the future, late-night, island paradise, pets, showtime, and supernatural are installed. but when I went into the sims 3 application folder it only has generations, and supernatural in it.  this also still happens if I uninstall all my expansion packs this message still shows up. I'm very confused if you could please explain how I could fix this it would be amazing @MaxisJoe 

Message 2073 of 4,043 (1,733 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm located in Australia and have just got off the chat help option. 

I'm getting the "installation Verification Failure" error message, the guy on chat said that the team is currently working on it - so sit tight. 

I'll be sitting tight - I can't wait to play Standard smile 

Happy playing to those that have it up and running! 

Message 2074 of 4,043 (1,733 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

how did they get it to appear in your games? Mine still hasn’t appeared.

Message 2075 of 4,043 (1,605 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Klaurieee20 Same! I've contacted support twice, and they just tell me to wait until tomorrow Frown It is now tomorrow.. no game.
Message 2076 of 4,043 (1,577 Views)

★ Guide
@dogscats45 Did you keep your Sims 3 Folder (from Documents -> Electronic Arts) in from before the 64-bit update? I had this issue because I just put my entire The Sims 3 folder back into there but when I removed it, it fixed that problem. It could be something else though, I didn't check the application folder when that happened to me
Message 2077 of 4,043 (2,709 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@creativenamee I felt that one so hard 😥 I feel so bad that the team is working so hard to get it working for us! But, I’m so darn excited to play.
Message 2078 of 4,043 (2,696 Views)

★ Guide
@MaxisJoe Well, good news it I donwloaded the base game, got to the launcher pretty fine, laughed the game and got all the way to the menu screen. By yeah, I'm getting the same error about the installation. Also, the screen has some weird red lines on the edges, but that may be do to my own size.

Anyway yeah, so I am like those who can get it booted up but not get to the menu screen. Honestly, seeing the intro again brought back memories because I first played sims 3 on mac. Good times.
Message 2079 of 4,043 (2,670 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 2080 of 4,043 (2,578 Views)