by teddywhoo

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe ok, thank you for the work that you and your team are doing! 😌
Message 2011 of 4,043 (1,524 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe The game worked for me. I got the entitlement for the base game from the Customer Support. Installed the base game only, and the game ran fine. Except for a segmented fault with the launcher (submitted a crash report), and wrong video size (information included in the crash report)

Message 2012 of 4,043 (1,459 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

*segmentation fault

specifically seg fault: 11

Message 2013 of 4,043 (1,419 Views)

★ Guide

everyone keep in mind this isn't even something that they had to do...they released all the packs and MacOS decided to exclude 32-bit Apps. no reason to be rude and or/disrespectful seeing as this is something they *chose* to do, to make TS3 longer-lasting. i, for one, am happy to be able to play the Sims 3 for the first time in over 10 years...if you're waiting a few hours, or a day, think about the others who have waiting 1000x longer. I'm thankful for the responses from MaxisJoe as it is something rare to see in a developed game - contact in community boards. bless xo

Message 2014 of 4,043 (1,392 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also, I didn't sign into my origin account in launcher and game

Message 2015 of 4,043 (1,363 Views)

★★ Guide
Add to this that this game is 11 years old. They didn't have to update this game. I'm grateful that we're getting this. I was very surprised to see that they would even update The Sims 3 to 64Bit. In my opinion the communication in this forum is very good. Yes, there was a big lack of that for a while, but it has picked back up a lot these past months. Especially the constant updates if they were still working on this or not. People are doing a great job behind the scenes. Standard smile
Message 2016 of 4,043 (1,334 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe Not sure if you've seen this, but the "Game Updates" tab in the launcher shows this: `Can’t find the server \"sims3web02.sig.max.ad.ea.com\".` (yes with the escape characters included)

Message 2017 of 4,043 (1,493 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Jordynn218 wrote:
@JustCallMeNerdyNot being critical. I'm just a customer like everyone else on this forum who is ready to get what they paid for almost 10 years ago.

In my case I paid for the game when it launched in 2009 so its been over 10 years for me. It’s still frustrating though to not be able to use what I paid for. 

Message 2018 of 4,043 (1,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I applaud u for ur patience over 10 years Im surprised people think u are suppose to be calm and not a little impatient when u have waited that long lol

Message 2019 of 4,043 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@MaxisJoe thank you so much for all the work the team is putting into making this all possible! i'm just glad that we are able to help in the progress of improving this game, and i hope everyone's thankful for the effort the sims team is putting into this !!

Message 2020 of 4,043 (1,303 Views)