Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by LCInsightsIE

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@tomanynoteCompletely feel you on it this it isn't fun being told ahead of time that a game you paid for is available when it isn't u would think a test trial would happen before any announcements

Message 1961 of 4,043 (932 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe  I just got an entitlement for the base game from the Customer Support, and installed the base game only. Just out of curiosity, I clicked on the "Game Updates" in the launcher, and was greeted with this message:

Can't find the server.
Can't find the server \"sims3web02.sig.max.ad.ea.com\". 

I'm not sure if this is an expected behaviour, although the escape characters don't seem expected.

Message 1962 of 4,043 (353 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I hate to be the one to say it and be the debby downer, but I feel like we should've never had this issue. We've waited long enough, a whole year to get the game showing in our origin, the last 24 hours felt like they took forever, now we're sitting here wondering when we're even going to play when it's done been released. In my personal opinion, I believe this is something EA could have fixed before the release. 

Message 1963 of 4,043 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

They literally went on the record and said they never saw this happen in Testing and QA.

You do realise that everyone here is like a person. We're not some messiah or Shiva with 4 hands. They can't break being PC but I sure can; WTF - you can tell their clearly working around the clock to fix this. They are transparent and said they identified the issue. 

I'm so glad you never made any ******* mistakes in your professional working life...

Message 1964 of 4,043 (861 Views)

EA Staff

@maxiecookie wrote:
@MaxisJoe I have a question if u don't mind
we used to install ts3 packs by order in order for them to work do we still have to do that?

Not that I am aware of. But I also haven't paid any attention to the order they install in and I don't know what the reasoning behind the do-it-in-this-order was. Maybe things still interact badly.

Best advice - try it. See what happens. Part of the fun is the adrenaline of discovery! Standard smile

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1965 of 4,043 (969 Views)

Do you think we’ll be able to play by the weekend? I was looking forward to have no social interactions for two days...

Message 1966 of 4,043 (967 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Jordynn218 glad you said it!
Message 1967 of 4,043 (967 Views)

EA Staff
@Snopea Not yet.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1968 of 4,043 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm cackling!!!! 😂😂😂😂 hahahahahah y'all are funny

Message 1969 of 4,043 (943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@LCInsightsIEokay tell EA to hire u then any sane person would be dissapointed and were free to express it it's a forum post not a business discussion thank you next

Message 1970 of 4,043 (910 Views)