Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by kgillis097

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@pengukae Same thing happened to me. I truly don’t think the support agents have any idea what’s going on. I’ve talked to like 5 different ones.
Message 1911 of 4,043 (1,051 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is there anything to do in this situation? I keep getting the "Unable to start game. Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher". Sorry if this has been answered, I can't find anything in the thread. Is there anything I should do about this, or just wait it out? 

Message 1912 of 4,043 (1,043 Views)

EA Staff
@melaniedoiron Which pack? Best option (for now) is to uninstall whichever one is being problematic.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1913 of 4,043 (1,007 Views)

★ Apprentice

I keep seeing people refer to "entitlement." What does that mean?

Message 1914 of 4,043 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@karategal49314 The new 64 bit version is technically a new store listing, so you have to have an entitlement license to it since its fundamentally different the the OG sims 3.
Message 1915 of 4,043 (1,127 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks!

Message 1916 of 4,043 (1,100 Views)

EA Staff
@karategal49314 It's a not-particularly-great word that means "are you allowed to have this thing." In Origin when you have bought a game EA stores that information in a database, and that record is called an "entitlement." When you log into Origin the client (or web page) checks in that database for your list of entitlements so it knows what to show you and what games you're allowed to play.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1917 of 4,043 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@melaniedoiron  hey, i had the same issue. Go into your documents folder, then electronic arts, then drag the sims 3 folder to your desktop and rename it, this helped me. Hope it helps!

Message 1918 of 4,043 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I guess I haven't figured out how to see which pack is causing a problem. I have almost all of them downloaded at this point 

Message 1919 of 4,043 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@melaniedoiron I had that too. I figured it out, if you still have the Sims 3 installed from disc (so before today) then the files will still be there. Due to this the game is trying to load using those files (which are 32 bit so will not work). You will need to get rid of those files in your documents folder and then it magically fixed that specific issue for me. Still cannot play due to the main issue though. 

Message 1920 of 4,043 (1,051 Views)