Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by sparilis

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@IzzyAshville Not all of my packs showed up initially. Only Pets, Showtime, Generations and Ambitions. But, I kept Origin open and while I waited,  throughout the day, University and Seasons also showed up! I think it's just taking a while for them all to register! Don't lose hope!

Message 1861 of 4,043 (1,035 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For those of you who got it to work, what’s the game like in high settings? Is it laggy?

Message 1862 of 4,043 (1,012 Views)

EA Staff

@fififoofoo3123 wrote:

yes my game is currently working, forgive me because i have never played the Sims 3 before except for like 10 years ago when my PC couldn't run it! but yes it works and i'm still trying to figure out how to make it more wide-screen haha. 

Go to Options by opening the Game menu (three dots, bottom left). Change the resolution to a 16:9 option.

If you are in Windowed mode, just resize the window (you will see weird distoring as you do it and may need to restart to get proper X/Y proportions again).

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1863 of 4,043 (1,013 Views)

★ Guide
@daisyorgana Great to see I'm not the only one! Hopefully this will be fixed soon, can't wait to play all those cool limited edition EPs again :D
Message 1864 of 4,043 (1,334 Views)

★ Guide

@iscool87 wrote:
@fififoofoo3123Mine actually included high-end loft stuff and late-night, I just didn't install them. Which is strange because I never owned high-end loft stuff before this, but I did previously own late-night.

i actually thought about cancelling those two packs (in me being very cautious)! i'm glad we're coming to somewhat a consensus as maybe it's later packs or somewhat! :-)

Message 1865 of 4,043 (1,333 Views)

★ Guide
@sflengas If that is the error that says "Unable to start game. Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 expansion Pack", I had the same error. It turns out I still had a "The Sims" directory in my Electronic Arts directory that was from the old 32-bit version of the game. I moved it to the desktop and renamed it, then relaunched, and I didn't get that error again.
Message 1866 of 4,043 (1,310 Views)

★ Apprentice
@fififoofoo3123 It's weird I uninstalled it and re installed it (just the base game) but it still gives me that "installation verification Failure" still and closes out lol the anticipation is killing me right now.
Message 1867 of 4,043 (1,292 Views)

★ Apprentice

has anyone tried uninstalling Sims 4?

Message 1868 of 4,043 (1,277 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@badbleep_16 I just want to know since I have a MacBook Air 2020 lol
Message 1869 of 4,043 (1,276 Views)

EA Staff
@ambshep123 Things aren't yet working exactly right. Please be patient.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1870 of 4,043 (1,264 Views)