by amycoLLiNs4518

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine is still not working... 

Message 1841 of 4,043 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MaxisJoe mine says the base game is incompatible with the expansions? is that also going to be fixed too? it says to update the game but i tried and it didnt work
Message 1842 of 4,043 (1,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@MaxisJoe some of my expansion packs and stuff packs haven't shown up for download on my origin, and I have been getting an installation verification failure message every time i get past the splash screen, is there a reason for these issues?

Message 1843 of 4,043 (983 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

im having the same issue too

Message 1844 of 4,043 (1,398 Views)

★ Apprentice
@iscool87 Did you do anything special when you downloaded it? Or did you just click the download button, wait, and then you were able to enter the game?
Message 1845 of 4,043 (1,393 Views)

★ Guide

yes my game is currently working, forgive me because i have never played the Sims 3 before except for like 10 years ago when my PC couldn't run it! but yes it works and i'm still trying to figure out how to make it more wide-screen haha. 

Message 1846 of 4,043 (1,339 Views)

★ Guide
@cooldaysinthesun I didn't do anything special. I just downloaded and installed the base game only. I haven't tried to install expansion packs though. I'm sorry this isn't really helpful.
Message 1847 of 4,043 (1,235 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was able to download it and then I went and hit start on the game launcher and it takes me to origin where it says it’s finalizing¿ but it has been for 45 mins now 

Message 1848 of 4,043 (1,200 Views)

EA Staff

@1skyblock1 wrote:
@MaxisJoe i know you’re probably super tired of getting ping after ping but a real quick question because i saw you had made an announcement post in this thread LOL anyways i was wondering if the issue has been solved? if not then it’s just not LOL anyways sorry for the very basic question i’m just a little confused and there’s a lot happening in this thread to keep up with

I'm sorry if the pinned post is not clear.

We (EA/Maxis) are pretty certain of the root cause if not the specific failure. We're figuring out how to further narrow it down and come up with a get-well plan, but the issue is NOT universally fixed yet. I'll make updates when it's known what the next steps are.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1849 of 4,043 (1,160 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@amycoLLiNs4518 press the setting button and then click repair. the finalizing issue should disappear
Message 1850 of 4,043 (1,119 Views)