Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Tirea_Ralu

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@fififoofoo3123 From memory it’s a bonus thing for the vault pack or something. Pretty sure it was a universal role out a while back
Message 1821 of 4,043 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi guys, I have great news. 

Earlier I reported that customer service was able to add the Sims 3 64-bit into my library 2 hours ago. I tried installing the game on my external hardrive, but it wouldn't let me install it properly. So I just downloaded only the base game on to my applications folder for now and launched the game with no error message. Everything is working for me, so hopefully everything will be working for everyone else soon! 

Edited to provide a screenshot of my game working

Message 1822 of 4,043 (1,405 Views)

★★ Pro
@iscool87 Only the base game eh? I'll try it right now.
Message 1823 of 4,043 (1,281 Views)

EA Staff

@Tirea_Ralu wrote:

A super nice advisor on the support chat finally granted me the entitlements to the 64-bit version (Yay!) 

@MaxisJoe While I know that there are still some limited editions to be rolling out I just wanted to ask if it was normal that on the old (32-bit) version, my EPs showed up as Limited/Collectors Edition and under the 64-version they just appear to be the regular versions. 

I'm super sorry, but I honestly having been giving this any thought today. I'm not entirely clear on the distinction between the editions and will need to investigate. There may be some teething problems as we get those kinks worked out.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1824 of 4,043 (1,861 Views)

★ Guide
@realfabiomello Yeah I don't have enough storage on my Mac to download the rest of the packs lol
Message 1825 of 4,043 (1,815 Views)

Hero
@iscool87 How is the performance on higher settings? Does the game still have unlimited frame rate or has that been fixed?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1826 of 4,043 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MaxisJoe Get the stuff done.
Message 1827 of 4,043 (1,631 Views)

★★★ Guide

My game repaired itself in Origin and now it is downloading all the expansions and stuff packs.  Note:  I didn't tell it to do any of this so my Mac has a life of its own.  It is probably sick of looking at my face as I keep reloading this thread.

It looks like I have my limited editions there as well.  

Message 1828 of 4,043 (1,571 Views)

★ Guide

@MaxisJoe No need to be sorry, you guys probably had one hell of a day so far... Embarrassed

I was just asking because it seemed weird to me. For now I'm perfectly with just seeing the 64-bit version in my library at all 

I can finally go get some sleep to be ready for some serious Sims 3 action tomorrow! 

Just installed the game and even managed to get into the game without any warning at all (Is the fix already live?)

Thanks for all your support in fixing the issue and at the same time updating us on everything that's happening behind the scenes!

Message 1829 of 4,043 (1,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@iscool87 can you give a step by step how-to please!!!

Message 1830 of 4,043 (1,441 Views)