Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by bonnietchi

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@andrewthesimmerThis makes sense because usually when you download Sims 3 from Origin (from what I remember) you get a code to use to verify. When I downloaded the 64 bit that doesn't work, I never got a code to copy and paste.

Message 1171 of 4,043 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone! I "repaired" the game and it now says "Play" instead of "finalizing" when I have the game opened up. I'll update if this worked.

Message 1172 of 4,043 (1,216 Views)

EA Staff
@andrewthesimmer Good guess, but not the root cause. Our test systems use the same auth system the production uses, and the failure would happen before the Main Menu loads. This is happening post entitlement check. We're still chasing.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1173 of 4,043 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@andrewthesimmer wrote:

@MaxisJoe I'm probably wrong but is it to do with the verification system to catch out non-legit copies of the game?? Do you guys have like developer copies of the game that won't need to go through this process? Forgive me if I have no idea what I'm talking about Raised eyebrowTeeth bared

No. What he’s likely referring to is an internal feature of MacOS to “verify” whether an application is properly “signed” before it can be run.

Message 1174 of 4,043 (1,114 Views)

★★ Guide
@bonnietchi we've tried this unfortunately Frown
Message 1175 of 4,043 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same thing didn't work, however going into game properties i noticed that some of the expansions are stuck on finalizing still with no way to fix it.  It's been sitting like that for an hour now

Message 1176 of 4,043 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

it did not. Rip!

Message 1177 of 4,043 (1,007 Views)

★ Guide
@Arual7296 for the "The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack" error - it turns out that I had a "The Sims 3" folder in my "Electronic Arts" folder leftover from the old game. I renamed it and restarted and didn't get the error again.
Message 1178 of 4,043 (966 Views)

★★ Guide
@MaxisJoe You can say that again! Reckon you can sell your MacBook right now for a cool 20k
Message 1179 of 4,043 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@bpnovak7 I have bought a few games through Steam. So far only one of them (Diesel stuff) has shown up. I think the rest will be added soon!

Message 1180 of 4,043 (923 Views)