@tyczka_junior Yes, the release is tomorrow \0/
Message 742 of 4,043 (1,274 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★★ Novice

YESS I AM SO EXCITED I CAN PLAY MY FAVORITE GAME EVER AGAIN:DDD

Message 743 of 4,043 (1,271 Views)

★★ Pro
@LOCALSIMMER_2020 If you have redeemed your codes on Origin, registered your game, yes, they'll be converted, as long as I know.
Message 744 of 4,043 (1,255 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I wonder if The Sims 3, will also come in 64-bit for Windows 10 Frown ..

@MaxisJoe  escreveu:

Hi Simmers!

EDIT: "SURPRISE!"

Looks like there's a date in your Origin clients! HOW EXCITING IS THIS, AMIRIGHT?

Yes THAT DATE IS CORRECT! We're hoping to get this beastie onto your hard drives this Wednesday, October 28! Who needs All-Hallows-Eve parties anyway (which - hey, we're not supposed to go to parties right now anyway)?

While I have your attention - thank you, everyone, for all of your appreciative posts over the last few days. I promise you they're not necessary. We think this game is awesome too and we're really thrilled to be able to get it back onto your Macs. What we're looking forward to the most is you being able to download it and play again.

Happy simming (in a few days), yo! Stay safe out there.

(Also! No, Dec 22, Festivus Eve, wasn't a hint. I was just trying to illustrate that you saw part of the process that is usually hidden from view. I probably should have gone with my original analogy about how one isn't supposed to see how the sausage gets made. This seemed better at the time.)

Message 745 of 4,043 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@mellypoo02 

Hi so I worked it out!

There's a new Sims 3 game in my library that looks awfully similar to the Demo version from 2007

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 14.39.24.png

Says 0 hours played, if you go to expansions for THAT game Sims 3 World Adventures is currently the only one to say "Release 28th"

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 14.38.13.png

But the new Sims 3 title in my library (above) has no reference to Metal or Mac or anything so I missed it!

Message 746 of 4,043 (1,244 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine also is not labeled 64bit and Metal, but that shouldn't be a problem. I'm just excited to get back and play my favorite Sims series of all time :-)

Message 747 of 4,043 (1,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello again, simmers!

I see there's still some of you that are not yet seeing an extra The Sims 3 in your Origin My Library section. It's important that you double-check that you're logged into the same Origin account that you originally purchased/entitled The Sims 3 against. Do you see the original item in your library?

Things that will help troubleshoot:

• Make sure you’re logged into Origin using the same account that you used to purchase/register The Sims 3 previously and that you use on https://thesims3.com

• Did you purchase/entitle via an online delivery mechanism or via a physical media (you have a disc with a code printed on a label)
  • Did you redeem your code via The Sims 3 web page or via the Origin store?
  • Open the Filters feature of Origin and see whether the new update is in "Hidden Games" (it shouldn't be, but it's worth checking)

Please note that for some players the entitlement is on your account but won't be visible at all until the evening (local time) Wed, October 28. If you don't have it by the morning of Oct 29, please reach out to our Customer Support team for help at https://help.ea.com/contact-us .

Note: Our Customer Support team will do their best to help you but they will not be able to grant an entitlement for the 64-bit/Metal release of The Sims 3 for accounts that do not already own The Sims 3 for macOS or Windows. Make sure that you see The Sims 3 (without 64-bit/Metal) in your Origin My Library before reaching out to Customer Support at https://help.ea.com/contact-us .

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 748 of 4,043 (1,141 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MaxisJoe Do you need to have it redeemed through thesims.com? Because I can see most of my packs on that site aswell as on origin(except sweet treats on origin only) on the original sims 3. Just not on the 64 bit one. But I guess it can still come.
Message 749 of 4,043 (1,092 Views)

★ Guide

@daisyorgana  I have all my Sims 3 EPs and SPs both in Origin and on thesims3.com (same account on both) but the 64-bit version is still nowhere to be found. We might be some of those players that already have the entitlement, but can't see the game yet, so I guess we just have to wait and see if it's showing up by tomorrow evening. 

Message 750 of 4,043 (1,061 Views)