Re: Sims 3 Mac Catalina issue

by jbd00

Original Post

Re: Error(327682:0) on macOS Catalina

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks @steingab000

I will check out Maxis Joe.

Obviously I was not aware of that, but thank you.

Message 431 of 4,043 (4,280 Views)

Re: Is there an update on the Sims 3 being playable on Catalina for Mac?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MaxisJoe 

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why bring up all that, I mean the natural disasters and the Astroid. I don't think it's funny at all. There's a lot of anxiety in the world, and honestly I don't need something like this to be said on a sims forum. As for me, I live in CA and am relatively close to some of the fires. Maybe you are too, but it's not cool to me to make a joke like that. 

Anyway, I've given up on playing sims on mac. I don't play sims 4 because to me it's a very boring game and doesn't have much too it. As for sims 3, I play on windows at this point because I can't trust EA honestly on their promises. I am grateful that they are doing this and if they are able to fully go through with it than thank you, but for me, I cannot trust things they say. However, I'm hoping i'm wrong 

(CM: Double post merged)

Message 432 of 4,043 (4,205 Views)

★★★ Guide

Tbh, I agree with @Bluebellflora and @puzzlezaddict.

I remember back in high school (2013-2016) that I was spamming EA support and the forums why there never came a "one last patch" that addressed long-standing bug-related issues concerning The Sims 3, and especially the Mac-version. All I got was that the game had been abandoned, as the whole development sections had been closed and moved on to Sims 4. I had for months chatted, called, written to EA support demanding a statement on why the game were abandoned in its then current state, and the only official answer I received was that Mountain Lion was the last "officially supported osX for the Sims 3".

Therefore, I was literally crying when Bluebellflora gave us the link that fixed the long-standing issue with Origin-installation for Sims 3 on El Capitan where a lovely sims3 dev had made a program in which we could manually patch the client.

And this was just to make the game run at all at that time, even with the bugs mentioned.

When we were given the update last November that we would get what I had cried for in 2013, "that one last patch", I could almost not believe my own eyes.

But I do sincerely believe we would have received this update, at least by the summer, if it had not been for Covid. @MaxisJoe has himself confirmed, indirectly at least, that this might have been a big lagging contributor (giving his comment on that the teams now are working "from various homes", where they might not have the same access to all development programs they would hat at Maxis HQ.

Therefore, the monthly reassurances is everything I need. Can't wait to play my fave game in full fledge 64-bit with full support of my Radeon Pro 560 4 GB Nerd Running Sims 3 on maximum graphical settings with 60fps has always been a dream for me ^^

Message 433 of 4,043 (4,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks,

I'm stepping in again to clean up the thread. While this is being done the thread will remain locked. Once it's finished it'll be reopened.

Thread is now open. Thanks for your patience while we followed-up on this. 

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 434 of 4,043 (3,751 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there any chance for a Windows 64bts update 

Message 435 of 4,043 (3,639 Views)

@jaimehernan01  Nobody knows that except for EA, but if I had to guess, I'd think it's probably not happening.  The 32-bit version of Sims 3 still runs just fine in Windows 10, and it probably will for a while, since Microsoft has not announced any plans to drop support for 32-bit apps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 436 of 4,043 (3,578 Views)

★ Guide

The sims 3 is my favorite game. I bought all the expansions, I spent a lot of money. but I can't play, the game is very poorly optimized, every time I try to play it stops working. I am very sad😔 EA could make a new version of the game with 64 bits for Windows too, with newer features, more optimized.

I am not fluent in English.

Message 437 of 4,043 (3,225 Views)

@G4mer_br22  If you would like to troubleshoot the issues with Sims 3 on your computer, please start a thread in the PC tech section, which you can find here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/the-sims-3

It would help to see a dxdiag on your computer:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether you use mods or custom content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 438 of 4,043 (3,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Any idea what this is? [Admin - Removed link]

Message 439 of 4,043 (2,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@sparilis- A pirated edition of the Windows version of the game running on a Mac through Crossover. There are legitimate ways to run TS3 for Windows on Mac hardware, such as by way of Bootcamp, but this is not one of them.

Message 440 of 4,043 (2,694 Views)