Re: Error(327682:0) on macOS Catalina

by steingab000

Original Post

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

@Occultine

Why not install Mojave on a bootable external drive?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 421 of 4,043 (6,346 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Right now I can’t afford a new external drive and it is very cumbersome to have to boot from another disk each time I want to play. I may end up doing that though, just not right now and I don’t know when I’ll be able to, hence the goodbye.
Message 422 of 4,043 (6,342 Views)

@Occultine

Thankfully it's always an option for you though Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 423 of 4,043 (6,340 Views)

Re: Sims 3 and Origin

★★★ Novice

so pathetic😂

Message 424 of 4,043 (5,658 Views)

Re: Is there an update on the Sims 3 being playable on Catalina for Mac?

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution Temporarily For Visibility Purposes

Time keeps on flying. Where does it all go?

Tradition says I should hit these points:

• Yes, we're still working on this. I know waiting is hard.
  • Yes, I know that we're no longer "early 2020." Sometimes things take longer than the original estimates.
  • Yes, we know you want this right now. Please see the first bullet.

There's been good progress since the last update, but there's still some challenges. We're working on them.

Thanks for your patience. Stay safe. Avoid breathing the wildfire smoke (or going out in the hurricanes, or in some way dabbling with whatever else 2020 wants to throw at us - I was reading the other day about a possibly civilization-ending asteroid with a .5% chance of hitting the Earth some time in October, I think it was. Yikes! You ever feel like you live in a SimCity simulation and someone keeps clicking the "Disaster" button just to see what else will happen?).

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 425 of 4,043 (26,477 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for regular updates! I'm still waiting

Message 426 of 4,043 (5,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@MaxisJoe- I believe the expression you are looking for there is "Stay classy 2020, because that's how we're always going to remember you..." (this has got to be on a t-shirt by now, somewhere)  Frown

Message 427 of 4,043 (5,541 Views)

Error(327682:0) on macOS Catalina

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When will I be able to play my £300+ worth of the Sims 3 on my 2020 Mac? I am running Catalina Version 10.15.4.

I have been told by your staff to just wait and see. I have never been more disappointed in EA.

I just want some idea of when I can play my games.

And how many requests are needed for you to create a 64bit version? Surely one should be enough?

I was basically just told to go buy another laptop, and I cannot make a complaint.

Message 428 of 4,043 (5,442 Views)

[ Edited ]

@FreyaGR8  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.

@FreyaGR8 wrote:

When will I be able to play my £300+ worth of the Sims 3 on my 2020 Mac? I am running Catalina Version 10.15.4.

I have been told by your staff to just wait and see. I have never been more disappointed in EA.

I want some idea of when I can play my games.

The latest update on this project is a couple posts above yours:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9438228#M8154

Companies usually don't provide a specific release date until they have a reasonable belief that they can hit that date.  As frustrating as it may be not to know when the update is coming, it would be worse to be anticipating the release and then have it pushed back.

And how many requests are needed for you to create a 64bit version? Surely one should be enough?

One isn't nearly enough, and quite frankly, EA doesn't have to do this at all.  The game has been out of development for seven years, after all.  There are a lot of games, as well as other applications, whose developers are simply not bothering to create a 64-bit version, and there are many other apps that haven't worked in macOS for years for other reasons.  I'm glad that a new version of Sims 3 is coming, but I don't feel it's owed to us.

Also, it was known from the first version of Mojave that the next OS would drop 32-bit support and that many applications would therefore no longer work.  (And the same is known of new Macs that ship with Catalina.)  People have a choice to update or not, or to get a new computer or not; many of us have chosen not to install Catalina for this very reason.

P.S.  Your version of Catalina is out of date.  The current one is 10.15.6.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 429 of 4,043 (4,641 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@FreyaGR8 They are making a 64-bit version they just don't have and exact release date. It's a long process to make all the changes to upgrade it and @MaxisJoe has been kind enough to give us monthly updates which he doesn't have to do.
Message 430 of 4,043 (4,617 Views)