Re: Is there an update on the Sims 3 being playable on Catalina for Mac?

by MaxisJoe

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 and Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Everything I am looking for is that Apple icon shown in @VeroniqueBellamy's screenshot tbh 😅

@steingab000 it does not hurt to be a little customer friendly from EA's part tbh 🙄

Message 351 of 4,043 (1,447 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jbd00 wrote:

Everything I am looking for is that Apple icon shown in @VeroniqueBellamy's screenshot tbh 😅

Doesn't help that I'm a francophone, I'm sure. :D But would it REALLY have been that much more helpful en anglais?

Message 352 of 4,043 (1,443 Views)

You don't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, just click on the System Requirements button:

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 22.37.32.png

It also says it's available for Origin Access which isn't available for Mac users.

I have never bought a game without checking the System Requirements first. It's common sense and basic research. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 353 of 4,043 (1,433 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora wrote:

You don't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, just click on the System Requirements button:

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 22.37.32.png

It also says it's available for Origin Access which isn't available for Mac users.

I have never bought a game without checking the System Requirements first. It's common sense and basic research. 

Working in tech support and for the government, I can tell you that "common sense" ain't all that common.

Message 354 of 4,043 (1,427 Views)

Re: Nobody knows when The Sims 3 will be compatible with Catalina, so stop askin

★★ Novice

Would love to, but the subscribe button is grayed out for me. *shrugs*

Message 355 of 4,043 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Guide

@VeroniqueBellamy wrote:

@jbd00 wrote:

Doesn't help that I'm a francophone, I'm sure. :D But would it REALLY have been that much more helpful en anglais?

Uh no :') this had nothing to do with that your screenshot was in French. I was just displaying my naivety when purchasing new games and that I never look at the specs Angel

*Jørgen [me] sees an Apple icon = Jørgen [me] assumes the game runs on my Mac :3*

Message 356 of 4,043 (1,236 Views)

Is there an update on the Sims 3 being playable on Catalina for Mac?

★★★★ Novice

I have multiple Sims 3 games just waiting to be played, however my MacBook runs on Catalina Frown Has anyone heard of any sort of updates on this? It's a shame how much money was spent on Sims 3 for Mac users only for us to not be able to play anymore..

Message 357 of 4,043 (3,296 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@meddanponjevic As of @MaxisJoe's update from a month ago, they're still working on it and they're at the point where they're doing the remaining 20% of the work that consumes roughly 80% of the budgeted time.
Message 358 of 4,043 (3,264 Views)

★★★ Guide

Haha wish there was an auto-paste option for this each time someone asked xd

@VeroniqueBellamy wrote:
@meddanponjevicAs of @MaxisJoe's update from a month ago, they're still working on it and they're at the point where they're doing the remaining 20% of the work that consumes roughly 80% of the budgeted time.

Message 359 of 4,043 (3,252 Views)

EA Staff

Is it already time for a monthly check-in? Wow. Where does the time go?

Consider this my monthly update. The tl;dr version with the traditional key points:

• Yes, we're still working on this. I know waiting is hard.
  • Yes, I know that we're no longer "early 2020." Sometimes things take longer than the original estimates.
  • Yes, we know you want this right now. Please see the first bullet.

The longer, more wordy version:

We're still plugging away at this beastie. There are some parts that have slotted in nicely; there are some parts that have proven to be more difficult just due to the number of moving pieces and number of internal teams involved in making them all line up. We're making good progress though. Beyond that, what I wrote in the June update remains true today. No more news I can share.

Thanks for your patience. Stay safe. Keep the faith.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 360 of 4,043 (3,244 Views)